Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Alex Massung (2024 PG - NJ)

Jeseph

• 4 months later...
On 11/7/2023 at 6:04 PM, MuchMany said:

Committed to Penn yesterday. Point guard from Jersey City. By my rough count that's about 0/9 on offered recruits in the 2024 and 2025 classes.

It certainly feels like we haven't hit bottom yet. It's all relative, but it hasn't been good and it appears that things are trending in the wrong direction.

1 hour ago, Chet said:

It certainly feels like we haven't hit bottom yet. It's all relative, but it hasn't been good and it appears that things are trending in the wrong direction.

I don't agree. I think we may load up on transfer portal guys with experience this off-season to supplement our big freshman class this year. It's notable that we've been in the final few schools for a number of these kids, but I don't think we're striking out major or anything. Optimistic for the program.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

I don't agree. I think we may load up on transfer portal guys with experience this off-season to supplement our big freshman class this year. It's notable that we've been in the final few schools for a number of these kids, but I don't think we're striking out major or anything. Optimistic for the program.

I do agree there is appeal to pursuing a couple of transfers to add to  a potential core of Adams, Smith, Graham, Fulcher and possibly a few of the freshman.  We really can't get any  trends until we see where the team is in about a year. 

23 hours ago, Chet said:

I view any good player in the program as a rental. That's true in almost any program....especially the mid majors. The current landscape of recruiting is brutal. Appreciate your positive and optimistic point of view, but I'm nowhere close.

I don’t get what you’re trying to say. It makes sense to pursue more guys in the portal next year, since we already had a huge freshman class. Just because we aren’t getting scrub freshman to commit doesn’t mean the program is at rock bottom . It’s not like these are good recruits we are striking out on or anything