Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Homecoming vs. Bowling Green 10-14-23

BrooklynBull

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Game is at 3:30 on ESPN+.  Last home game on a Saturday.

UB had its first ever win at the D-IA level against Bowling Green in 2000.  That led Bowling Green to fire their coach and hire Urban Meyer as their head coach.  The rest is history.

You're welcome Bowling Green!

13 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I'm coming into town for the Bills/Giants so I will be at this game. I haven't yet bought tickets. Did anyone know if and where they sell at the door? Is it more expensive if I buy at the door?

Price is the same in advance or at the gate.  Tickets can be bought at the gate on the south end of the stadium, away from the scoreboard.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/ub-stadium-tickets-buffalo/venue/1181

Edited by BrooklynBull

10 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Game is at 3:30 on ESPN+.  Last home game on a Saturday.

UB had its first ever win at the D-IA level against Bowling Green in 2000.  That led Bowling Green to fire their coach and hire Urban Meyer as their head coach.  The rest is history.

I was at that game! I chose not to rush the field as I was a recent college grad and was thinking of my new job and not wanting to get arrested. I believe I remember a feeble attempt to bring down the goal post

Good to see UB not in the bottom 10 anymore, nor are they on the waiting list.  They take heat when they underachieve badly, so they deserve props for digging themselves out of that hole.  Good job Bulls.

The "Charlotte 1-and-4'ers"  That's kinda funny.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38626094/college-football-bottom-10-week-6-miami-hurricanes

The Buffalo Bulls are wearing there heritage helmets this weekend. In the future when they wear the heritage helmet I would like to see the UB Bulls bring back the heritage UB blue home jersey of 2008 with the big Buffalo on the front of the jersey once a year with this heritage helmet would look great in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

Line is at -3.5 favoring UB.  Hoping for more of the same on defense with a couple of takeaways, and some big plays in the passing game would be nice. Go Bulls! 🤘

This went from -6.0 to -3.5, not sure if that helps or hurts prognostications. I am hoping for another solid defensive effort and a consistent running and passing attack. Let's Go Bulls!!🤘🤘

Terrible loss today for the Buffalo Bulls the Cole Snyder fumble changed the whole momentum of this game. The UB Bulls needed to keep them down when Bowling Green Falcons had self doubt. Once that fumble happened it gave Bowling Green a reason to believe they could beat UB. It’s unfortunate but onto Kent State Golden Flashes UB Bulls are going to need to steel this Kent State road game with little margin for error left because of starting 0-4 in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Was unable to watch the game but sounds like it was pure ugliness with the 5 turnovers, and neither QB very effective with a combined 9/29 for a paltry 71 yards.  Was weather a major factor in UB’s dreadful offensive performance, or was it more BG’s defense? Or are the Bulls just not that good as we’ve suspected most of this season?  Any way you look at it, the chances of playing in a bowl game seem very slim at this point. Can we bounce back next week vs one of the weakest teams in the MAC @ Kent?  

Edited by Bluebird96

Wasn’t a fan of their team’s behavior. As they went into the tunnel at half time they were cussing out Buffalo and yelling into the stands with foul language. Hardly appropriate for all the kids that were around. Had to apologize to my family for that one.

44 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Wasn’t a fan of their team’s behavior. As they went into the tunnel at half time they were cussing out Buffalo and yelling into the stands with foul language. Hardly appropriate for all the kids that were around. Had to apologize to my family for that one.

Character and class haven’t seemed to be a strong suit of BG’s program at least in recent years.  As I recall it was 2 years ago that BG led UB 49-44 with under 1:00 to go in the game, when their QB faked a kneel-down and then ran it in for a 47 yard TD for the 56-44 final score.  Bush league play, but UB was able to throw it back at them last year with a 38-7 win on their turf.

I’d like to think that if nothing else, our Bulls exhibit class and good sportsmanship even in a losing effort like today’s. 

Edited by Bluebird96

That BG game was so bad i think it broke this message board.  Not much commentary.  What happened to Cole Snyder? was he hurt or pulled for being ineffective?  I was watching some on the stream but not able to have the sound on.

238 yards in any MAC game is horrendous, but at home vs Bowling Green is even beyond that.  

When Ogbonna came in that made it one dimensional, BG knew he would mostly run or hand off.  Seemed like he threw some jump balls but not much else.  We must have a backup QB that can at least throw a decent pass.

• Like 1