Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB WBB vs BG (1/24) 11am

Glad to turn the page from that WU loss already moved my lunch up a hour to catch this early game.  The few positives that can be applied to this game there is enough scoring to compensate a Watson "off night" and team rebounding has significantly improved. I'm sure the turnovers have been addressed. Keeping BG off the glass will mean containing Erika Porter who had 19 reb her last game.  Get to see the matchup of KLW and Kohler. Kohler decomitted opening a spot for KLW hope this is the first of many match ups. 

• Thanks 1

BG has committed to deny well attempt to deny the paint Watson is getting there with ease. I'm torn on the volume of shots Watson 8/21 taken but that seems to be ok w/Burke. Team rebounding has been clutch especially O boards. Great move by Burke going 4 guards to chase BG off 3pt line they made a few 25ft+ but I can live w/that as long as they rebound 😅. Let's close this out 

Way to close out the game great hustle by KLW to get the chase down block. Looks like Burke had enough of the non production from Ogden I hope she gets her shooting touch back soon. Lopez provided solid mins and as usual Davis did very well off the bench.  The surprise of the day was FTs and rebounding!!  This may have been the best all around defensive game played. Although BG ended 30% (8/26)from 3pt the team fought over or switched on just about every screen contesting almost every shot. Weakside rotation helping the helper limited BG to only 7 Orebs. They fought for every 50/50 ball and had only 5 TOs. Going to need the same level of intensity for Toledo 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Way to close out the game great hustle by KLW to get the chase down block. Looks like Burke had enough of the non production from Ogden I hope she gets her shooting touch back soon. Lopez provided solid mins and as usual Davis did very well off the bench.  The surprise of the day was FTs and rebounding!!  This may have been the best all around defensive game played. Although BG ended 30% (8/26)from 3pt the team fought over or switched on just about every screen contesting almost every shot. Weakside rotation helping the helper limited BG to only 7 Orebs. They fought for every 50/50 ball and had only 5 TOs. Going to need the same level of intensity for Toledo 

Do agree. A very evenly contested and exciting game.Some of the stats tell the difference in the game. UB 17-19 vs BG 8-18 from the line, UB 42 vs BG 35, Turnovers UB 5 vs BG 12, Steals UB 9 vs BG 2. In a tight game that usually spells the difference. The BG center Porter was a load but Johnson and Davis did a decent job. Watson as usual was very good the only negative was she committed two silly fouls in the first half. She just needs to be smarter along with Lewis-Williams and Davis as they need to stay on the court. Rana had a good game also assist wise and scoring after she struggled against WMU. If we can get some semblance of consistency out of Ogden this could be an exciting rest of the season. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1

Watson 15/32 for 36 points… Phenomenal!  Dare I say she’s a more efficient scorer than Fair was, maybe not as good all-around but man can she score.

Didn’t get to watch the game but sounds like the Bulls played well throughout and another solid win.

What a contrast between BB’s results her first season and a half vs GH3 on the men’s side with similar issues both teams have faced trying to fill a decimated roster.  Difference seems to be that BB has been a lot more successful bringing in transfer players who are immediate difference makers (Watson this year, Stone & Winfield last year).  Twelve wins her first year and very nearly upset the eventual MAC champion in the 1st round, versus 2 wins and counting for GH3 with about 0.1% chance of going to Cleveland.  Grateful that at least we have one team that’s worth watching this year!  🤘

Edited by Bluebird96

4 hours ago, NC_UBfan said:

Do agree about better defense and switching out on the perimeter to contest the 3 point shooters. They did not do that against WMU and that is one of the reasons they lost that game. The big key is the team is learning and listening to the coaches. As I said before this coaching staff is more engaged with the players during the game. Don’t see much of this on the men’s side. Another tough test for the women against Toledo so it should be interesting. Go Bullls!!!