Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MBB @ Ohio | 01/30/24 7:00pm | ESPN+

Hoping we find a way to play more like we did vs CMU, WMU and Toledo than the other MAC games where we fell flat.  That, and the eternal hope of seeing a game where Bulls shoot better than 40% from 3, along with > 10 FT makes at a 75% clip, fewer than 10 turnovers, and high assist to FG ratio.  Not asking too much, am I? 😂

Go Bulls! 🤘

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Hoping we find a way to play more like we did vs CMU, WMU and Toledo than the other MAC games where we fell flat.  That, and the eternal hope of seeing a game where Bulls shoot better than 40% from 3, along with > 10 FT makes at a 75% clip, fewer than 10 turnovers, and high assist to FG ratio.  Not asking too much, am I? 😂

Go Bulls! 🤘

While we are going for wishful thinking - let's add 9 total steals and opponent 2P% around 51% taking 4 to 5 points away from Ohio.

Ohio's been putting it together recently after a particularly slow start. Uncertain if that coincides with injuries/returns from injury on their end.

I don't know, man. Just cover. Show me some improvements. Show me an ounce of a system on offense or defense. Better yet, prove me wrong and win.

Go Bulls 🤘

Just now, skrabukes said:

Unwatchable, sadly I will watch til the end, but it'll be miserable. 

Came here to use this exact word. This is painful.

Again, I don't know much about basketball X's and O's. Never played. Only watch Buffalo ball and Knicks playoffs, some March Madness games, some MACtion because Enrique Freeman is a joy to watch. I've been trying to figure out what we're doing out there, and as far as I can tell...

On defense: It's man to man with a major focus on switching off screens that half the time we either don't do, aren't athletic enough to do, or miss assignments. Our guards are also constantly going under screens which at this point I can only assume is being coached.

On offense: I've got nothing. It's either the ball at or near the top of the key with our wingers running around the zone handing the ball off to each other and then settling for a mid-range or three, no cuts to the basket. Or. It's pass the ball to Adams or Chatman and it dies there as they try to dribble through three defenders.

In summary: Unwatchable.

I need like a NFL level broadcast of this system breaking it down because I am confused.

Just now, RapidsFan said:

Halcovage averaged 1 PPG when he was playing for D-III Babson if I'm remembering right

What experience does he have to draw from, exactly

Coaches didn't have to be great players. But he spent a lot of time in a primo Villanova program. If he was a dud they would have moved on from him sooner.