Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum
Sign in to follow this  
UB85

The Best Wings in Buffalo

56 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Duff’s >Elmo’s 

For regular flavors (hot, med, mild) I agree.  For flavors other than that, Elmos takes it.  Grilled Cajun with some hot sauce added is my favorite.

28 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

For regular flavors (hot, med, mild) I agree.  For flavors other than that, Elmos takes it.  Grilled Cajun with some hot sauce added is my favorite.

If you eat something other than “regular flavors” you’re not eating chicken wings! I am old school. 🙂😎

Still wings.  Just not Buffalo style.  Don't get me wrong.  My favorite are still done with straight Frank's Red Hot.  No butter needed. 

1 hour ago, SGBull said:

Bar Bill is the best IMO.

Another one that is not a "Buffalo Style" in my opinion.  They don't use Franks.  They make their own hot sauce.  Still very good.  Problem there, is getting in.  It's always packed.  If I do manage to get in, I'm getting the Beef on Weck.  I haven't found a better place for that.

7 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Another one that is not a "Buffalo Style" in my opinion.  They don't use Franks.  They make their own hot sauce.  Still very good.  Problem there, is getting in.  It's always packed.  If I do manage to get in, I'm getting the Beef on Weck.  I haven't found a better place for that.

And if I remember correctly, it's cash only.  Unless you're laundering money, there is zero reason to run a cash only business in this day and age.

3 hours ago, rma said:

And if I remember correctly, it's cash only.  Unless you're laundering money, there is zero reason to run a cash only business in this day and age.

You remember correctly, but I'm not sure I agree with you.  If they can pack it the way they do while only accepting cash, why pay the percentages that they'd be charged by the credit card companies.  

25 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

You remember correctly, but I'm not sure I agree with you.  If they can pack it the way they do while only accepting cash, why pay the percentages that they'd be charged by the credit card companies.  

I haven't carried cash since 2009, if a business is cash only I just leave. So there is a chance they are missing out on some business... 

8 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

I haven't carried cash since 2009, if a business is cash only I just leave. So there is a chance they are missing out on some business... 

I agree, but they always have somebody there to take your place.  I've never waited less than 45 minutes.  Doesn't matter what time of day.  The Beef on Weck is well worth the wait.

Edited by ChubbyHubby

There’s supposed to be a new location opening in Clarence at some point too

I've been to every single sacred wing place in WNY multiple times. Based off all my experiences, Bar Bill in East Aurora has been the most consistent. 

1. Bar Bill
2. Elmo's
3. Gabriel's Gate

19 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

I've been to every single sacred wing place in WNY multiple times. Based off all my experiences, Bar Bill in East Aurora has been the most consistent. 

1. Bar Bill
2. Elmo's
3. Gabriel's Gate

I've only had Bar Bill once, loved the place, sauce was good but I remember the wings being a bit on the smaller side.

I don't really have an order but I think Duffs and Gabriel's Gate are probably my top two. Honestly... Blue Bull Tavern has solid wings too.

If we're "stepping outside the box" I always like to bring up Moor Pat in Williamsville.

Head North on Niagara Falls Blvd.  Check out Sawyer Creek Hotel at N.F. Blvd. and Nash Road in Wheatfield.  Old time saloon type of place.  Awesome wings.

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Head North on Niagara Falls Blvd.  Check out Sawyer Creek Hotel at N.F. Blvd. and Nash Road in Wheatfield.  Old time saloon type of place.  Awesome wings.

Was only there once but I did enjoy it!

• Like 1