Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB WNIT Bound

15 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

This amazing season gets extended for at least one more game!! Bracket has not been posted yet hoping for a home game.. 

I believe the way this one works is if you are willing to pay, you get a home game. They are all campus games until the Final Four.

42 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Not to mention having a bye and hosting the next game 🙄

Don’t know all the ins and outs but do these teams have to put up money to get home games including the tams with byes??

12 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Kind of pathetic there are sub .500 teams playing. 

The women finished the year at 185 in the NET. They are solidly in the middle of the pack. They batted in the tournament, but losing Watson will be really really tough to overcome.

18 minutes ago, Chet said:

The women finished the year at 185 in the NET. They are solidly in the middle of the pack. They batted in the tournament, but losing Watson will be really really tough to overcome.

I could be wrong, but I believe Watson still has a year of eligibility left?  Played 19-20 at Cincinnati, 21-22 at USC Upstate, redshirted last year at UB.  Based on recent interviews, I had the impression that she’s coming back for one more go around.

28 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

I could be wrong, but I believe Watson still has a year of eligibility left?  Played 19-20 at Cincinnati, 21-22 at USC Upstate, redshirted last year at UB.  Based on recent interviews, I had the impression that she’s coming back for one more go around.

She has another year. After they beat Toledo she said in the press conference she’d be back next year (which we’ll see if that’s the case). 

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Did I miss something?

I believe he thought she had exhausted her eligibility, but she still has a year. The bond between her and BB seems strong, so I'm hopeful she returns to UB next year. He may have been concerned about her portalling out. Not sure if that would be in her best interest. She will not get the PT if she was thinking Baylor, UConn, LSU levels, take a couple steps back to ACC schools maybe it would workout similar to Fair, but Fair's success is because FLJ knew what she had in her. Anything lower than that, she may as well stay.

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I believe he thought she had exhausted her eligibility, but she still has a year. The bond between her and BB seems strong, so I'm hopeful she returns to UB next year. He may have been concerned about her portalling out. Not sure if that would be in her best interest. She will not get the PT if she was thinking Baylor, UConn, LSU levels, take a couple steps back to ACC schools maybe it would workout similar to Fair, but Fair's success is because FLJ knew what she had in her. Anything lower than that, she may as well stay.

The way that post was written made it sound like she wasn't available today. That's all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

She may be out of time to portal now.  She has already transferred twice and had to sit out last year because of the second transfer.

If she has graduated, she can portal out whenever she wants and will not have to sit out.

• Like 1