Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Assistant Coach Calvin Cage leaves for Hampton

On 4/22/2024 at 5:37 PM, skrabukes said:

I hear Reggie is without a job

He needs Reggie type resume on the bench. 2x hc, the current head coach is learning on the job with former dobos as the assistants. We need some gray hairs on the bench. 

Edited by TheCommish

30 minutes ago, TheCommish said:

He needs Reggie type resume on the bench. 2x hc, the current head coach is learning on the job with former dobos as the assistants. We need some gray hairs on the bench. 

My post was greatly sarcastic, but experienced grey hairs on the bench are very much needed.

32 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

It appears that the Cage replacement is... another former Villanova walk-on with no coaching experience:
image.png.58b9215db3b066cdca1d82a37e94b401.png

Tim Saunders was the DOBO last year, so I assume he slides into Cage's #3 seat. This feels like a sketchy hire to complete what has to be one of the most inexperienced staffs in the country. Although not sure who we expected to be interested in a mid-bench job at a four-win program.

2 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

It appears that the Cage replacement is... another former Villanova walk-on with no coaching experience:
image.png.58b9215db3b066cdca1d82a37e94b401.png

Isn't (wasn't) Tim Saunders the Assistant Coach/DOBO? It would appear that Voigt is a replacement for Saunders and not Cage.

I assume Saunders has moved up a chair and is the one to replace Cage.

Edited by bullsbball

6 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Sadly I don't think the third assistant chair was going to make or break the upcoming season

Would have liked to see more of an outside hire myself, maybe he would have brought a recruit along or something 

Not make or break, but someone who has done the job, at some level, may have been helpful to the head coach and team in general. We were plenty broken with 3 wins last year (including countless blowouts) as it is, so it's challenging to break further. 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I thought this was a nice article and love that GH3 was complimentary of Calvin and he’s leaving on a positive note and can be closer to family. Hopefully the new guy can bring something to the table:

https://ubbulls.com/news/2024/5/2/mens-basketball-mens-basketball-announces-coaching-addition-and-changes.aspx

Can’t agree more

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I thought this was a nice article and love that GH3 was complimentary of Calvin and he’s leaving on a positive note and can be closer to family. Hopefully the new guy can bring something to the table:

https://ubbulls.com/news/2024/5/2/mens-basketball-mens-basketball-announces-coaching-addition-and-changes.aspx

Nice to finally get something official on Cage leaving and I'm glad it seems amicable. Just a nitpick, but I can't stand GH3's quotes having exclamation points throughout. It reeks of rah rah amateurism for me.

5 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Nice to finally get something official on Cage leaving and I'm glad it seems amicable. Just a nitpick, but I can't stand GH3's quotes having exclamation points throughout. It reeks of rah rah amateurism for me.

"Double exclamation point"

Hopefully there's no pictures of anyone on the toilet, or anyone feeling anyone's materials between their fingers.