Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo v Oregon

ubmae86

Game recap. Oregon 102 UB 82. Not surprised at the result. After the Niagara game Coach Jack said - They are trying to figure out the rotation and asked the fans to stick with us and give us some time. As I said earlier with Hemphill out we are going to have a tough time in many games. Dillard played the whole game with 32 points but 2-10 from the 3 point line. Wilkins had 19 points and 5-11 from the 3 point line. But only one rebound. Morrison was in foul trouble with only two points and played only 10 minutes. Hanna Hall looks like she will be given every chance to be our point guard but is going to have big time growing pains. She scored five points but only 1-7 from the field and 1-5 from the 3 point line and played 36 minutes. Both Autumn Jones and Marissa Hamilton contributed little again. One promising stat was the play of Keowa Walters the 6-3 freshman forward from Canada who played 24 minutes and was 7-10 from the field and scored 16 points with 7 rebounds. With no experience at both point guard and forward/center we are going to struggle. We were out scored by 10 points in both the 1st and 3rd quarters but were even in scoring in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Hope for some victories in their next road games and Go Bulls!!!!

Too bad Hemphill let her teammates down by not meeting her academic obligations. They could have used her and certainly need her to be the best version of themselves. Kudos to the team for playing hard and making a strong go of it. And same to CD! Another impressive performance on the national stage. 

Edited by UB85
  • Sad 1

The elite Women's CBB teams are always on a tier well above the next best group of teams. Had we lost by 40 this early in the season without Hemphill and replacing all that we did from last year I wouldn't have been worried. The fact that we lost by 20 and looked like we belonged on the same court has me optimistic for another NCAA tournament run this year. Dillard is so so so good. 

I hope this team doesn't get lost in the excitement over MBB. Coach Jack reloaded the talent pool and I think it should be another strong year. 

2 hours ago, BasketBull said:

The elite Women's CBB teams are always on a tier well above the next best group of teams. Had we lost by 40 this early in the season without Hemphill and replacing all that we did from last year I wouldn't have been worried. The fact that we lost by 20 and looked like we belonged on the same court has me optimistic for another NCAA tournament run this year. Dillard is so so so good. 

I hope this team doesn't get lost in the excitement over MBB. Coach Jack reloaded the talent pool and I think it should be another strong year. 

Like I said earlier this team is so different than the previous team with Reid, Oursler, Suchan and Ups. We became spoiled for four years. I still have faith in this coaching staff and team. But it is a total different experience for both the coaches and players. The jury is still out on many of these players and I know it is still early.  No one on this team is close to the ability of Reid and Oursler right now. Our family will be supporting the team and have faith that our success will continue. Go Bulls!!!!!

16 hours ago, John said:

Like I said earlier this team is so different than the previous team with Reid, Oursler, Suchan and Ups. We became spoiled for four years. I still have faith in this coaching staff and team. But it is a total different experience for both the coaches and players. The jury is still out on many of these players and I know it is still early.  No one on this team is close to the ability of Reid and Oursler right now. Our family will be supporting the team and have faith that our success will continue. Go Bulls!!!!!

Are you referring to the ability of Reid and Oursler at their position or overall? This program has never had a player with the pure scoring ability and variety of ways to score as Dillard.

8 hours ago, TML1000 said:

Are you referring to the ability of Reid and Oursler at their position or overall? This program has never had a player with the pure scoring ability and variety of ways to score as Dillard.

I am referring to the positions that Reid and Oursler play. Did not mean to not mention Dillard. She has been everything and more than we could have imagined. Without Dillard not sure where any of the scoring would come from. Another player that we should enjoy seeing every chance we get. Agree with your assessment of Dillard wholeheartedly. Go Bulls!!!!!