Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Danny White

DooleyBull06

UCF fans are really bummed.  He took them to new heights.

I'd be surprised if he went to Leipold for the football job (no offense to Lance!).  White has connections up the wazoo.  I'd say he goes younger, hot coordinator, smart-progressive, someone who can get out in front of boosters/alumni and be the "face" of the Tenn football program. 

• Like 1

I think it is easy for the media to connect the two.  This is exactly the type of article the media would write.

But I would be shocked (shocked!) if ADDW hires LL.  It just doesn't fit.  

Hiring a head football coach at UT will be the MOST IMPORTANT hire ADDW makes.  He won't leave it to the chance that LL is ready to make the jump from MAC to SEC.

I suspect some good P5 coach that can recruit and gets the most out of his players is the hire.  I don't think it will be an OC or DC at a top P5 program.

Maybe he can lure Matt Campbell out of Ames.  In my opinion, that's the kind of coach he is going to get.  Someone who has done well at the P5 level in his situation and wants to take the SEC challenge.  There may be a few out there.  Clawson?  Fitzgerald?

On 1/25/2021 at 12:39 AM, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Fleck and Sonny Dykes are names being floated around. That makes me more worried, if White hires Fleck, LL to the Gophers is a worry.

It is Heupel.

I kind of thought Heupel would be White's back-up plan if he couldn't get a mid-P5 coach to take the job.  

Surprised Franklin was in the list of names interviewed/contacted.  

The "so-called" P6 school (UCF) was paying Heupel $2.3M.  The AAC certainly isn't cheap on their salaries (Fickel - $3.4M; Holgersen - $3.8M; Scott-$2.3M).  Even the coaches at ECU and Memphis are above $1.5M.

By way of comparison, LL was making $624,000 which was mid-pack for the MAC (Candle at Toledo makes $1.175M).  It could be an attractive step for some ambitious MAC, CUSA, MWC or Sun-Belt coach. It will double or triple their current salary, in most cases.

The game of musical chairs is not yet over.

• Like 1