Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

ESPN 2021-2022 Bracketology @ 7/13

ATL_92

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Just posted this also in another thread. Check out the possible 2nd round matchup.

Probably done on purpose.  Danny Hurley told Oats before the selection show that the NCAA was trying to set up a UB - Arizona State game, against his brother Bobby.  He was right.

31 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Probably done on purpose.  Danny Hurley told Oats before the selection show that the NCAA was trying to set up a UB - Arizona State game, against his brother Bobby.  He was right.

We pretty much knew once Arizona State won that play in game that it was gonna happen. 

7 hours ago, ATL_92 said:

Lots to like here:

• This is first vote that we are favorites to win the MAC - which I concur with.
  • Expected rank - looking at the last 5 years on barttorvik.com  the #12 seed ranked generally between mid 50s to mid 60s.  So this is implied ranking for team, compared ranking in low 80s from https://barttorvik.com/.  My expectation is mid-60s, but we shall see.
  • This should is good exposure for program and help recruiting - I know coaches all just hit the road.
  • An opportunity to play Alabama and Oats would be nice - the networks would certainly like the extra hype.

20 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Lots to like here:

• This is first vote that we are favorites to win the MAC - which I concur with.
  • Expected rank - looking at the last 5 years on barttorvik.com  the #12 seed ranked generally between mid 50s to mid 60s.  So this is implied ranking for team, compared ranking in low 80s from https://barttorvik.com/.  My expectation is mid-60s, but we shall see.
  • This should is good exposure for program and help recruiting - I know coaches all just hit the road.
  • An opportunity to play Alabama and Oats would be nice - the networks would certainly like the extra hype.

All this says to me is that expectations are very high. Let’s see how this team plays with that expectation. 

9 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

All this says to me is that expectations are very high. Let’s see how this team plays with that expectation. 

Agree - this is an expectation - which is understandably high (two second team All MAC players last year - like to see them both move to first team).  It is all about what this team does on the court from Nov to March!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

We pretty much knew once Arizona State won that play in game that it was gonna happen. 

Except Oats was told this by D. Hurley BEFORE the selection show.  Once the field was announced it was easy to determine that it would be Arizona State or Sr. John's.