Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

'22-'23 MBB Schedule

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

UConn on CBS Sports Network.

Michigan State on Big Ten Network.

Can't complain about that exposure! I wouldn't be surprised if WVU isn't televised. They can playup our upset with CJ Buckets, etc. I really like this schedule.

A little analysis on the OOC schedules for each MAC team. I would say this analysis points to UB having one of the toughest OOC schedules in the MAC this year.

Here is a summary of home games, green shaded are higher ranked opponents; red are lower.  Rankings are based on two sites barttorvik and massey.

image.png.6382002a9db770a6ac77497f2877f739.png

Colgate and St. Bonaventure are two of the better teams faced by a MAC team at home.  Toledo has the toughest opponent at home - playing against Richmond.

Here is view for Away OOC games.  UB has three challenging games in Michigan St. WVU and UConn.

image.png.cc7cdcaa1a2930b6e0b78cad5f4baac5.pngL

Lastly here are the neutral site games.

image.png.7908fa44ca81d5ba55d901dab68736fc.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

A little analysis on the OOC schedules for each MAC team. I would say this analysis points to UB having one of the toughest OOC schedules in the MAC this year.

Here is a summary of home games, green shaded are higher ranked opponents; red are lower.  Rankings are based on two sites barttorvik and massey.

image.png.6382002a9db770a6ac77497f2877f739.png

Colgate and St. Bonaventure are two of the better teams faced by a MAC team at home.  Toledo has the toughest opponent at home - playing against Richmond.

Here is view for Away OOC games.  UB has three challenging games in Michigan St. WVU and UConn.

image.png.cc7cdcaa1a2930b6e0b78cad5f4baac5.pngL

Lastly here are the neutral site games.

image.png.7908fa44ca81d5ba55d901dab68736fc.png

I really like our schedule!

14 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Looks like some preseason rankings are rolling out. KenPom has James Madison as the top ranked SunBelt team at 127. 

That will be good for us if we can get the win. Whomever is running the JMU athletic department is obviously doing a great job. Their D1 transition has been pretty solid so far.

2 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Looks like some preseason rankings are rolling out. KenPom has James Madison as the top ranked SunBelt team at 127. 

Here is a preliminary 'composite ranking of the MAC.

image.png.1e08a393f579b5cb06ad0bfff281da2e.png

Some of my observations:

1.)  MAC is perceived to be weaker than in the past, with only three teams in top 150.

2.)  Ohio and Buffalo - a lot of uncertainty as they had to replace a lot of minutes.  I do think they will both better than the median.  My expectation for UB is 140-150.

3.)  Eastern still near the bottom of the MAC despite adding Bates is somewhat surprising.

13 hours ago, promotherobot said:

It's a 2+ hour drive for me on a work night so it's hard to make definite plans. Especially when the women play at Stonehill the night before, which is much closer to me.

No problem...enjoy the women's game.  That is too far for me as I am west of Hartford.

Edited by DocCas86