Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ball State Revenge Thread - MAC Championship Game

27 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I would like to think we could get FLJ closer to where she wants to be financially, it's a much different scale than the men's game. The Florida coach just got a new 5 year contract at $740,000 per year ($450k base, $290k "allowances & incentives", and a few other things). Dawn Staley is the highest paid @ $3.2 million annually. Syracuse's fired coach was at $602,655 salary plus $125k in performance bonus, that was his extension after 12 years. He made a post season tournament 11 of his 12 seasons. FLJ is currently making $239,481 and I believe some incentives on top of that. Could we get her to $500k? Would that be enough?

If she only gets paid 239k then she needs a well earned and well deserved raise. That number has to increase to have any hope of keeping her.

Edited by DooleyBull06

5 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

If she only gets paid 239k then she needs a well earned and well deserved raise. That number has to increase to have any hope of keeping her.

I am not a fan of discussing coaches salaries (would you want your salary discussed publicly?).  That being said, from information available to the public (if someone can find the website, someone can post the actual numbers) her base is above that and she was paid substantial bonuses over her base in 2021.

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

I am not a fan of discussing coaches salaries (would you want your salary discussed publicly?).  That being said, from information available to the public (if someone can find the website, someone can post the actual numbers) her base is above that and she was paid substantial bonuses over her base in 2021.

Why not? It's a publicly funded position.

37 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Why not? It's a publicly funded position.

It may be public, but I think people are entitled to some privacy.  The information is published yearly by USA Today. It is available elsewhere on the web.

If someone finds it and wants to post it, that is there choice. I opt to not post it.

Edited by BrooklynBull