Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ball State Revenge Thread - MAC Championship Game

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Champs!!!!! Congrats to the ladies. Well earned and well deserved. What a season! Tears of happiness. It never gets old.

What a great competitive game and as UB has done the last half of the year they continue to fight and claw and play as a team. Woollley has had great 2nd halves almost the entire season where quiet in the first but turns it on in crunch time. Just another exciting memory for our program and for all the fans, Go Bulls!!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, John said:

Will there be a selection party somewhere for the team and fans. It is supposed to be Sunday.

There should be. More resources should be pumped into our athletics. Especially when we win. Overall our athletic programs across all sports is good. Please devote more resources into sports. Football leads the way but all our other programs, from wrestling to swim/dive and of course our champs, have been great. Rant over.

What a 1-2 punch with Fair and Woolley, as they scored all of UB’s points in the 4th. Even as Ball would answer seemingly every time the Bulls pushed the lead to 5 and cut the lead down to 2 in the final minute, there was never a sense of panic by UB. It just felt like they were always in control. Refreshing to see that level of confidence and concentration on the court for a full 40:00.  Going to be fun to see how long the ladies can keep it rolling in the Dance! 🤘

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

What a 1-2 punch with Fair and Woolley, as they scored all of UB’s points in the 4th. Even as Ball would answer seemingly every time the Bulls pushed the lead to 5 and cut the lead down to 2 in the final minute, there was never a sense of panic by UB. It just felt like they were always in control. Refreshing to see that level of confidence and concentration on the court for a full 40:00.  Going to be fun to see how long the ladies can keep it rolling in the Dance! 🤘

A little bit of panic when they turned the ball over in the last minute and a half but they persevered. Go Bulls!!!

2 minutes ago, John said:

A little bit of panic when they turned the ball over in the last minute and a half but they persevered. Go Bulls!!!

Yes, those 3 turnovers in a row made it interesting for sure. But nice to see them regroup and take care of business. Woolley with 25 pts after halftime, just unconscious.

9 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Yes, those 3 turnovers in a row made it interesting for sure. But nice to see them regroup and take care of business. Woolley with 25 pts after halftime, just unconscious.

Do agree. This team is a total reflection of Coach Jack and staff. The last half of the season had many games where they did not panic and seemed to have belief in each other as a team. Even in the home game Ball State beat us we still had two good looks under the basket to tie the game. To think of the success of this team and what this program has achieved is unbelievable and the players we have seen just to name a few - Reid, Dillard and now Fair and Woolley just to name a few. It has been exciting and enjoyable and we will have memories to pass on and will last a lifetime. How many more times will we be able to celebrate championships with both the fans and players. I hope there will be more in my lifetime. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I really haven't watched much of the womens team

But that woolley has a beautiful shot, everything is soft and looks like its going in 

She should be scary as a senior 

You've missed some great ball. This team is going to win some NCAA tourney games. Fair is destined for the WNBA.

Edited by promotherobot

7 hours ago, John said:

Will there be a selection party somewhere for the team and fans. It is supposed to be Sunday.

From an email:

"Fans are invited to join the team on Sunday, March 13th in Alumni Arena for the NCAA Selection Show! Doors open at 7:30pm. Show begins at 8:00pm on ESPN. Be with the Bulls as they learn where they will be heading for the 1st Round."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, promotherobot said:

From an email:

"Fans are invited to join the team on Sunday, March 13th in Alumni Arena for the NCAA Selection Show! Doors open at 7:30pm. Show begins at 8:00pm on ESPN. Be with the Bulls as they learn where they will be heading for the 1st Round."

Our family will be there. Hope for a decent crowd. Do not understand why more UB fans do not attend/support this team that has been exciting and entertaining as the men. Oh well, we will support both teams forever even if the students don’t for both teams. Go Bulls!!!

1 hour ago, John said:

Our family will be there. Hope for a decent crowd. Do not understand why more UB fans do not attend/support this team that has been exciting and entertaining as the men. Oh well, we will support both teams forever even if the students don’t for both teams. Go Bulls!!!

Looking across the country, our Women’s team is very successful attendance-wise vs most. Especially since many skew their attendance numbers based on tickets out/Men’s tickets/etc. 

40 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Looking across the country, our Women’s team is very successful attendance-wise vs most. Especially since many skew their attendance numbers based on tickets out/Men’s tickets/etc. 

Do agree. We average between the 1,000-2,000+ usually per game. It is usually an enthusiastic crowd. As I have said over the last few years the most disappointing aspect is the student attendance.  Again where is the true blue and the administration in their efforts to change the culture among the student population. I know it is only my opinion but the women’s teams over the last number of years has been exciting and entertaining. Our family will continue to support both our teams. Go Bulls!!!

• Like 2

Just now, John said:

Do agree. We average between the 1,000-2,000+ usually per game. It is usually an enthusiastic crowd. As I have said over the last few years the most disappointing aspect is the student attendance.  Again where is the true blue and the administration in their efforts to change the culture among the student population. I know it is only my opinion but the women’s teams over the last number of years has been exciting and entertaining. Our family will continue to support both our teams. Go Bulls!!!

I 100% agree with the take on the student turn out. For both the men and women. I don’t know how much of this was mask mandates (whatever), I know the men lost like 2 home games to COVID and there was an extra long winter break. But I hope next season is better. When alumni has student support it really makes a difference. More students, more band (not a DJ) and more cheerleaders and spirit team.

Saturday was a great game.  Ball St. never gave up, and gave us a run for our money, just as they did during the 2 regular season games (1-1).  Ball St. Coach is very whiney.  Loved riding him a bit.  With the men not being in the finals, we had all day after the game to check out the establishments.  Cold AF walking from place to place.

Now, let's get it done in round 1 of the dance.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 1:56 PM, DooleyBull06 said:

If this was coach Jack’s swan song then she/we go out as champs. Hey Alnutt…give her what she wants. 

I would like to think we could get FLJ closer to where she wants to be financially, it's a much different scale than the men's game. The Florida coach just got a new 5 year contract at $740,000 per year ($450k base, $290k "allowances & incentives", and a few other things). Dawn Staley is the highest paid @ $3.2 million annually. Syracuse's fired coach was at $602,655 salary plus $125k in performance bonus, that was his extension after 12 years. He made a post season tournament 11 of his 12 seasons. FLJ is currently making $239,481 and I believe some incentives on top of that. Could we get her to $500k? Would that be enough?

The one big thing we have going against us is if she wants to coach her alma mater (that is a big deal for some people), we are in trouble. She's a legend there, can ride into the sunset at SU and will have a very long leash I believe. On the flip side, she was treated very poorly at the end at Indiana, so have those wounds healed to get back to "Big Time" conference play and everything that goes into it. At UB she is beloved and pretty autonomous. She seems to have no trouble recruiting and bringing top tier players to the program. Will that be the case at SU with the other teams in the conference and what they can bring?

However it shakes out, I am rooting for them Saturday. Knocking off a legendary Tennessee program would be a massive feather in the cap of the UB program. Go Bulls!!🤘🏼🤘🏼