Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

XFL Draft

BrooklynBull

20 hours ago, skrabukes said:

That's such a better landing place that being at UB for his senior year. Great decision.

I am not as upset with him as Osborne, Jones and Mabry. He did his 4 years, got his degree. Unfortunately I think he got some horrible advise at some level and would have benefited from another year to work on technique and NFL prep stuff. The other 3 bailed on the program and would have significantly helped our new QB adjust providing experience in the receiving Corp. Every Maryland and Miami loss brings me great joy. Perhaps their NFL stock will increase at those places, but if AJ doesn’t make a roster, those guys better be getting some significantly better coaching. As for Jones, I’m not sure he will see a ton of action at Iowa when he is eligible, time will tell.

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I am not as upset with him as Osborne, Jones and Mabry. He did his 4 years, got his degree. Unfortunately I think he got some horrible advise at some level and would have benefited from another year to work on technique and NFL prep stuff. The other 3 bailed on the program and would have significantly helped our new QB adjust providing experience in the receiving Corp. Every Maryland and Miami loss brings me great joy. Perhaps their NFL stock will increase at those places, but if AJ doesn’t make a roster, those guys better be getting some significantly better coaching. As for Jones, I’m not sure he will see a ton of action at Iowa when he is eligible, time will tell.

I agree with most of what is said here wholeheartedly. He still made a poor decision in my opinion (especially in hindsight). I am supportive of him, as he is 100% a UB Bull, but his decision seems to be one that will be costing him (especially monetarily) for the rest of his life. I hope that he can somehow get another chance to land in the NFL, but as of now, the fact that no one was willing to pick him up on even a practice squad, doesn't look too promising.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, skrabukes said:

That's such a better landing place that being at UB for his senior year. Great decision.

How much will he make?

In looking at the list of other players in the league I see a lot of them with NFL experience.  I was expecting all the draft picks to be fresh out of college.

Edited by dutchcountry7

2 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

How much will he make?

In looking at the list of other players in the league I see a lot of them with NFL experience.  I was expecting all the draft picks to be fresh out of college.

I have no idea, but I'd wager not nearly as much as (likely) developing into a solid draft pick with a strong final year of college, allowing him to be on a squad for a few years and earn and NFL pension. From what I've read, most players will earn between $50-70k. NFL minimum salary is $480k. I'm still rooting for him and hoping he can get an opportunity to improve and showcase himself for a chance at that, as opposed to where the past few months have gotten him.

21 minutes ago, Markscranton said:

Good for all these guys 

We have had some really good players 

What about Kalil Hodge---no interest at any level--he was a great football player

go bulls 

He wasn't even in the eligible players to be drafted list. I am wondering if he just doesn't have interest in playing anymore.