Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Toledo Game

Uoftoledofans

Im glad you guys are on a win streak and undefeated in the league!

It 1. Makes Toledo have to respect the Bulls. When earlier in the season this game had "TRAP" written all over it. 2. Gives the nation a relevant MACC lookahead game. It will be on lots of folks smart TVs this upcoming weekend. I hope you guys have a good crowd to cheer on the Bulls to prove All MAC stadiums arent drab and fanless.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Or you can wear the hat with that logo you bought about 30 years ago or buy some glasses on EBay.

University of New York at Buffalo Drinking Glass LibbeyUniversity at Buffalo Bar Glass

The hat with that logo is long gone...but I do have an intramural shirt with that logo on it!  

I may have to look up UB athletics shop tomorrow and get me a replacement hat.

Go Bulls

Toledo opened as a 7 point road favorite.

When I have been doing these analyses over the past few weeks, it has provided me with more optimism then what I initially had for a UB victory for that game.

Alas, this one is going to be tough...

The Rockets are led by Dequan Finn, who is coming off a 6 TD passing / 1 TD rushing game this past Saturday vs. Kent St.   Remember when the Bulls had Tyree Jackson and, sometimes, he'd just launch it down the field and let his athletic receivers make a play?   That was a lot of what happened for Toledo this past weekend.   UB fans are not going to like hearing the name Jerjuan Newton on Saturday as he is the primary playmaking WR.  They also use their senior TE in the passing game (Jamal Turner), especially around the end zone (he has 5 TDs).  Oh...and if that isn't enough, the QB (Finn) is Toledo's leading rusher (yards attempts).    In other words, the UB defense is going to get a workout.

The previous week against NIU, the Toledo defense (well...one guy...Quinyon Mitchell) had 4 INTs, two of them were of the pick-6 variety.  They beat NIU 52 - 32 and it wasn't even that close (NIU got a lot of garbage time yards and points).   The week before that?  Same story...the Rockets had a 31 - 3 halftime lead against CMU before cruising to a 38 - 17 win.

And it isn't as if Toledo are front runners...against Kent they were down 28 - 7 before getting in gear on offense and shutting down the Kent State offense.

Toledo is #1 in the MAC (all games) in average yards per play on defense...and that includes the 77 point / 763 yards against the Buckeyes!  UB is 9th in that category.

The Bulls are better than we thought they were, especially after the lackluster Holy Cross loss.  They have confidence after the four straight wins, especially moving the ball on offense.   But this is going to be a big, big test.   It is good UB is at home.  UB has a week to develop a game plan on defense to try to slow down the Toledo attack.   On offense, I think UB will be able to move the ball at times, but I don't think the Bulls come out on top if this is one of those typical MAC 40+ each team shootouts.  They are going to need to generate some takeaways on defense and get some big plays on offense (and keep the chains moving with smart decision making from Snyder).

I suspect the line drifts up as the week progresses...so if you are a UB fan, you will probably get better odds later in the week.

Go Bulls!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Or you can wear the hat with that logo you bought about 30 years ago or buy some glasses on EBay.

University of New York at Buffalo Drinking Glass LibbeyUniversity at Buffalo Bar Glass

I got those UB Bulls drinking glasses. I call this UB Bulls the Woolly Bully UB Bulls logo. Because I seem to recall if I am not mistaken UB Bulls played Woolly Bully song when the Bulls football team scored a touchdown. It was so long ago when you get old sports things just blend together. This UB Bulls logo looks great in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

5 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

I got those UB Bulls drinking glasses. I call this UB Bulls the Woolly Bully UB Bulls logo. Because I seem to recall if I am not mistaken UB Bulls played Woolly Bully song when the Bulls football team scored a touchdown. It was so long ago when you get old sports things just blend together. This UB Bulls logo looks great in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

This was teh Wool Bully logo.

image.png.9f7caab51407b290b29697ea923b31cb.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BRJACR75 said:

What years did UB use this logo......and by chance, whats the record against Toledo when they wore it....if they even played them that is.

This was before the MAC. I got a tee shirt they shot into the crowd when I was a student in the early/mid 90's that said, "UB Football, it's Wild and Wooly". Wish I still had it. 😒

37 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

I reached out to the store, looks like a no-go for shipping unless I can find an active student to do it for me 🤣

Here is the response I received:

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, we are not set up for shipping and fulfillment at this time. We are on track to have our online store go live in early 2023 and at that time we would be able to sell and ship.

Thanks for the support and Go Bulls!

Thanks,

Jenny

Hopefully in 2023 we can order the gear directly.

• BrooklynBull changed the title to UB Toledo Game 10-22-22
4 hours ago, BRJACR75 said:

What years did UB use this logo......and by chance, whats the record against Toledo when they wore it....if they even played them that is.

http://www.winsipedia.com/buffalo/vs/toledo

Looks like 0-1 or 0-0

This was introduced on October 24, 1992 so UB has not faced Toledo with that logo.

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I reached out to the store, looks like a no-go for shipping unless I can find an active student to do it for me 🤣

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, we are not set up for shipping and fulfillment at this time. We are on track to have our online store go live in early 2023 and at that time we would be able to sell and ship.

Thanks,

Jenny

Pathetic that this isn't possible yet. I'm going to try to go to the team shop this evening, I don't know what the price or shipping costs would be but I'd be willing to buy and ship if you're interested.

Edited by rma

22 minutes ago, rma said:

Looks like 0-1 or 0-0

This was introduced on October 24, 1992 so UB has not faced Toledo with that logo.

Pathetic that this isn't possible yet. I'm going to try to go to the team shop this evening, I don't know what the price or shipping costs would be but I'd be willing to buy and ship if you're interested.

The shirts are $20 each. I found someone up there that was willing to grab me a couple and send down to me. That would be awesome if you could do it for others! I hope to be able to have mine in hand to Rock on Saturday!

4 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Thanks,

Jenny

That's a failure by athletics. They are promoting these shirts online but not making them available online??

3 hours ago, rma said:

Looks like 0-1 or 0-0

I'll Venmo them the money. 3XL please.

Edited by promotherobot

4 hours ago, rma said:

Looks like 0-1 or 0-0

Any hats or just shirts?

Would certainly pay for this as I am not near Buffalo

1 hour ago, promotherobot said:

That's a failure by athletics. They are promoting these shirts online but not making them available online??

Yes it is and we have some UB alums blaming Buffalo Western New York for UB the Ivy Tower shortcomings. I have followed UB since Marty Barrett listening to the late Clip Smith call the football games on the UB campus radio station. UB alums should read the really good book “The City Dump”. That book tells you everything you need to know why our elected government leaders the Upper Manhattan elites have pulled the plug on big time college athletics in New York State. New York State is terrified of the gambling in New York City especially the elites which isn’t UB or Western New York problem. I believe UB Bulls will get there but not in my lifetime and I am 54 years old. New York State is losing the control they can’t stop stuff like this anymore because more and more especially young people want it. The young people don’t want to be a weirdo state with no major state college football for a state our size while every other state has nice things because of something bad that happened in 1950 that makes us a weirdo state in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, UB92 said:

Any hats or just shirts?

Would certainly pay for this as I am not near Buffalo

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

I'll Venmo them the money. 3XL please.

I went there this evening around 5:30 and did not see 3X in stock. There was a place for 2X but they were out of stock or didn't print any. I did not see anything else with the logo besides the shirt. I can stop by again on Wednesday if either of you are interested.