Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Toledo Game

Uoftoledofans

Can we talk about the game instead of this old logo or open another thread? Some of us don't care about what they're wearing.

Anyone have insight into Toledo? They look very well rounded on offense with a strong passing and rushing attack and they might have the best defense in the conference if you take away that 77pt blowout loss vs Ohio State. I think we've proven we can score points but I am worried it won't be as explosive as the past few games. Maybe put up something like 28 and hope our secondary doesn't get blown apart for more than that.

5 hours ago, zigo230 said:

The merch is great, hopefully the team is focused on Toledo.  I'm sure they are.  This game is a pretty big step up in class.  The Rockets have beaten the other MAC opponents they've played by around 3 TD's each.  The QB is dangerous running the ball (Avg. 65 yds/game)  and looks like they have some other solid RB's and a good O-Line.   I think the Bulls are gonna need about 35 points to win this one.

UB Bulls will be focused on the game. But realistically UB Bulls can win 10 MAC football championships in a row we will see very little spike in UB football attendance. Dropping the football so it speak on merchandising is really bad especially today. That is a walking talking UB athletics advertisement. Look at the Marvel logo line for minor league baseball. I love the Buffalo Bisons I am as hardcore old school every Bisons game is a World Series game for me. But merchandising is huge today for the Buffalo Bisons it helps pays the bills and with brand awareness. I am alarmed when I hear UB AD Mark Alnutt say we order a couple of hundred UB Bulls throwback logo t-shirts hopefully it will be enough for Saturday’s game than we can order more. Is money that tight for UB athletics? I don’t get it. There should be thousands of UB Bulls throwback logo hats, t-shirts, pennants, can coozie the whole nine yards with the throwback UB Bulls logo. But BSF our stadium is half empty? And it will be regardless of the results of the football program because UB Stadium can’t compete with the home television viewing experience the way the viewing experience is at UB Stadium we have been over that before. That is why today you have to be getting UB Bulls throwback logos to all your online selling partners or we mind as well forget major college athletics that is the job of the athletics department I don’t get it. This should have been done in the offseason planning. It is like oh I haven’t paid attention all semester and I got to cram all nighter and wing it hoping for the best shameful. One is not prepared if you have to wing it and hope to get lucky. UB Bulls doesn’t use there Fantastics online shop well at all which is shameful. Other real college programs do. I don’t see Miami Hurricanes fans begging to be able to buy merchandise. Does UB alum understand in Miami they have Miami Hurricane merchandise shops where all they sell is all Miami Hurricanes all the time. It is like the Buffalo Bills here. UB athletics needs to stop thinking small throw the chips on the table going all in and if UB the school closes because of the financial losses so be then it is on us. But I don’t think that is going to happen.

Also UB talks about new shop online 2023 are they nuts? Your going to miss the 2022 holiday shopping season. January and February shopping sales go down we are all recovering broke in Buffalo because of the holiday season we are recovering paying off our credit card bills. I don’t understand UB athletics thought process? But I haven’t understood UB athletics thought process in over 4 decades so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised now. How come UB can get bowl merchandise online but not the UB Bulls throwback logo? Last point today attendance is down in many stadiums attendance after Covid-19 in America. But fans still buy online UB needs to understand that better and get going. Also one other thing I have read online from some Buffalo sports fans they want the Jim Ward, Cliff Scott era logo uniforms. I personally don’t want red in any UB throwback logos in the future for those wanting that. Because to me as both a Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Bulls fan it represents not a good time with UB Bulls football we wore hand me down Buffalo Bills gear plus it is copying the Bills. Also UB Bulls had to wait 20 years for national announcers to stop calling the UB Bulls the UB Bills. So to me even though I am a huge Buffalo Bills fan it represents not a good thing UB in red, white and blue it represents Division 3 we are too poor to uniform our players without the Buffalo Bills help. We are blue, white, gray and black that is fine red isn’t fine to me we know why UB wore the Buffalo Bills look a like uniforms from the Jim Ward Cliff Scott era it wasn’t by choice we were too poor starting up a college football program. Also before anyone gets started no New York Bulls paragraph logo and no Craig Cirbus Penn State look a like either that personally bothered me as much as the UB New York Bulls paragraph logo era. Few knew where UB was from we had no logo on our helmets and no numbers on the sleeves. I doubt UB Bulls announcer Paul Peck like that it had to be tough calling games with no numbers on the football uniform sleeves what a messed up time for UB Bulls football. I watched it and I want to forget that terrible period that I call growing pains now for UB football. But I don’t look back on it fondly it is more like what was Craig Cirbus thinking in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up

28 minutes ago, clodney said:

Anyone have insight into Toledo? They look very well rounded on offense with a strong passing and rushing attack and they might have the best defense in the conference if you take away that 77pt blowout loss vs Ohio State. I think we've proven we can score points but I am worried it won't be as explosive as the past few games. Maybe put up something like 28 and hope our secondary doesn't get blown apart for more than that.

Much of the advanced stats I've seen puts them at the top of the conference with us in second in offensive stats. They can score. If our defense plays like it did against Coastal, this game can get very ugly very fast. The Miami game makes me hopeful that the defense has progressed since then. UMass we held them to 7 points but it's also UMass.

24 minutes ago, clodney said:

Can we talk about the game instead of this old logo or open another thread? Some of us don't care about what they're wearing.

Remember when Baylor came to UB Stadium?  

I am hoping it doesn't look like that...

I am thinking that Toledo is probably the second best team we will play this season.  

With UB 3 - 0 in conference, that's good bulletin board material.  I suspect they will want to make a statement.

But Toledo has its warts and there are areas where UB can exploit them:   (1)  I would like to see us try and run out kickoffs...I think we can get yards this way (based on their KO coverage) and break a big play, (2) take away the deep ball....if UT drives the field on us, so be it, but there are more opportunities for int, bad penalty or fumble if they have more plays and (3) we need a balanced attack...so we have to establish some running game.

UB should get about 10 posessions as Toledo likes to only have it about 3 minutes at a time.

Keys to victory for UB:

1. Win the turnover battle.

2. Keep it under 7 penalties and 60 yards of em.

3. Ya need TDs and not fgs. Youll need over 30 pts to have a shot. Toledo has been giving up that much the last two weeks, but against NIU it was in garbage time.

4. Something Special teamsy would be nice. Toledo gave up two punt blocks vs. CMU and 2 onside kick returns vs. NIU. The margains were just too much to affect the game at those points.

I doubt much of that happens, Toledo seperates themselves and treks closer to the first 9-0 MAC season since NIU in 2012.

1 minute ago, promotherobot said:

Snyder is brutal today. He's been good the last few weeks. Whatever Toledo is doing has them off their game. When will our coaches counter, or can they?  Too bad. They're wasting a great defensive performance.

Snyder had 3 plays he needed to throw it away and just didn’t 

12 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Play calling has been atrocious today.

I like the fact we didn’t take our toys and go home. They are still playing. Being down 10 to this group is better than it actually has looked. Can the D get a big stop here and put some pressure on these guys?

• Like 1