Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

OHIO

ubbulls98

2 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Last week it was 27-10 a lot later in the game than this. Not predictin, just sayin….

That said, Ohio does seem to have some sort of curse on us in their house. Maybe we’ll turn the tables in the 2nd half, maybe we won’t. Either way, just remember how hopeless it felt at 0-3 and how much hope we’ve been given over the past 5 games. Go Bulls! 

Just…..NO

1 minute ago, Erie County said:

Snyder is holding this team back, without a doubt

Who would you prefer to put in there??

Myers hasn’t been the same since his injury.

the other QBs evidently haven’t beaten out Cole

and for cripes sake, it was pretty evident in the spring game who was the best QB on the roster.

Id prefer to have Vantresse still, but since free agency is now allowed in College, he’s not an option

So who??

Snyder hasn’t been good tonight but in prior games he’s been good distributing the ball with the short and medium passes, occasionally hitting a long one. 

Tonight he’s just off. And the Oline is doing nothing to establish any running game. They’ve been getting whipped too.

1 minute ago, clodney said:

This isn’t ALL on Snyder. Our OLine has to be one of the weakest in the MAC. They have sucked most of the season and Snyder always seems to be under pressure. He’s not great in dealing with it. 

Here’s the thing - Snyder isn’t awful.  He may get better as the years progress.  I don’t think he should stand in the way of anyone else, however.  But maybe he will improve with experience.  

The line isn’t doing him any favors, either.   

Yeah just an awful performance.  The D and specifically the DB play from last season showed up. Just chunk plays galore for Ohio and awful tackling.

I’ve already mentioned Snyder and whatever is written above i agree with. His worst game for sure.  disappointed in his decision making and poor accuracy. The Oline has been dominated. it’s been like 3rd and 8+ nearly every series.

1 minute ago, BRJACR75 said:

Welp….now UB needs to put another nightmare trip to Athens behind them, and take care of business next week at CMU.

They made the plays…..UB didnt

The body language on Marshall is awful.  He gets very frustrated that his QB can’t deliver the ball near him.  

Snyder has been on the wrong page with his two big WRs on reads the whole night. 

I think they bring in the second string QB to finish the game.  Get him some reps. 

22 minutes ago, Erie County said:

He has 154 yards against the worst defense in the MAC. He's been incredibly poor. Him and the DBs.

Ohio allowed over 500 yards passing to Fordham and over 700 yards vs. Kent State

27 rush attempts for 31 yards and you think this is entirely on the QB? There’s no balance in the offense due to the OLine getting their asses handed to them. 

I just can’t wrap my head around what the issue is with teams going into Athens.  And it’s not just UB.  All MAC teams.

is it built on a burial ground? Is it the water? What is the issue?  It’s not like Ohio has world beater teams ever.  They’ve always been the model of consistency with mediocre 6-6, 7-5, 8-4 teams.  Good enough, but not quite great.

At home, they’re world beaters, away they’re exposed

And what was with the animosity from the Ohio players?  

Embarrassing tonight but there still more football to be played this season we will see. I want UB Bulls football to win badly so someone will hire Jack Eichel I mean Maurice Linquist who has one foot out the door already let’s just win and get on with Maurice Linquist leaving it was a bad hire from the start. Maurice Linquist has no interest in building UB Bulls football long term for growth. Again UB Bulls football needs a program builder that is here for decades in Buffalo like St Bonaventure Bonnies basketball coach Mark Schmidt. Maurice Linquist and Jack Eichel are the same there is no difference they aren’t really interested hanging around Buffalo long. Like with Jack Eichel Buffalo will be better off without Maurice Linquist. Sadly UB hires coaches that aren’t interested in hanging around Western New York. Turner Gill and Lance Leipold were the same way just not that interested in Buffalo. I rather have a loyal Western New Yorker we would have been better off hiring Brian Polian then Maurice Linquist that has no real interest in Buffalo long term. And it shows this UB football program doesn’t feel part of the community it is locked up in a UB field house bubble there are no real characters that you want to root for like the Buffalo Bills and now Buffalo Sabres. Mark Schmidt let’s the Bonnies basketball players become part of the community you know who they are and you want to root for them. I don’t feel that with this current UB Bulls football program under Maurice Linquist. Maybe that is Maurice Linquist style but it doesn’t sell tickets or creates much interest. Again it is best if Maurice Linquist wins this season and moves on this coaching staff he hired is also very limited that is another reason you want to some how luck into the MAC East Division some how in the next few weeks and start over before anymore damage is done to the UB Bulls football program in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

7 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

Maurice Linquist has no interest in building UB Bulls football long term for growth.

News flash, there isn't a coach in the country who wants to build a program like Buffalo up for the long term. Every single one of them would move up if given the chance. Stop screaming at Mo. He's actually been pretty impressive imo given the train wreck he inherited.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, clodney said:

News flash, there isn't a coach in the country who wants to build a program like Buffalo up for the long term. Every single one of them would move up if given the chance. Stop screaming at Mo. He's actually been pretty impressive imo given the train wreck he inherited.

Following up on this thought about leaving a job for another job, is there a school left where someone will not jump when given the right opportunity?  Look at the last year:

Riley: Oklahoma to USC

Kelly: ND to LSU

Going back there was Saban from Michigan State to LSU

Outside of a Harbaugh at his alma mater and any others at their alma maters I would think there not many coaches left who would not move if the timing and money were right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

The good news from last night is that Kent State lost to Ball Sate.

But we still have BGSU on our tail. And we are behind Ohio now. We have to win out and hope Ohio and BG drop one more.

It was an awful game. Snyder looked very hesitant, like he didn't trust or understand what he was seeing. He made some dreadful throws. And that "awful" Ohio defense looked pretty good against the Bulls. We couldn't get anything going.

I do take my hat off to Bobcat fans for showing up for the game. It was a great turnout for a midweek MACtion game. If it were at UB there night be a dozen people watching. You might as well play those games in the field house.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

But we still have BGSU on our tail. And we are behind Ohio now. We have to win out and hope Ohio and BG drop one more.

It was an awful game. Snyder looked very hesitant, like he didn't trust or understand what he was seeing. He made some dreadful throws. And that "awful" Ohio defense looked pretty good against the Bulls. We couldn't get anything going.

I do take my hat off to Bobcat fans for showing up for the game. It was a great turnout for a midweek MACtion game. If it were at UB there night be a dozen people watching. You might as well play those games in the field house.

But UB has the Tiebreaker on Bowling Green.  Plus Ohio & BGSU finish the season @Ohio, so one of them will lose.  Any shot at Detroit at this point is to 1-0 each week, then hope Ohio loses one somewhere.  UB cant drop another one until Ohio slips up.  It amounts to striving for 3-0 to finish and hope.

UB has @CMU, then Home against Akron & Kent

Ohio has @Miami (rivalry game), @ Ball State (both Tuesday MACtion games), then the last home game against BGSU  (although its is another Tuesday MACtion game, unfortunately, and UB has to hope Bowling Green stays in the race for it to matter for them, Home WMU & Kent then @Toledo & @Ohio)

Edited by BRJACR75
  • Like 1