Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Akron - Rescheduled 12/2 - 1 PM

UBlearns

8 minutes ago, clodney said:

How are we favored by 13? Akron has had close losses to Liberty, BGSU, CMU, and EMU and they're coming off a blowout over NIU. We haven't exactly been crushing it.

What a wasted opportunity there, good Lord. That series had Matt Myers written all over it for at least 1 play. Now our D is going to be demoralized and play like trash.

16 minutes ago, clodney said:

How are we favored by 13? Akron has had close losses to Liberty, BGSU, CMU, and EMU and they're coming off a blowout over NIU. We haven't exactly been crushing it.

I can only assume the oddsmakers assumed our players would want to qualify for a bowl and play to potential. Otherwise, not sure what they were smoking.

8 minutes ago, clodney said:

Here's a total shocker. Fuqua gets the interception on the opening drive for Akron, takes it back to the 12 yard line, and then our offense goes 4 and out and turns it over on downs. Just typical this year.

And give up a 97 yard TD drive to a bottom 5 team in the NCAA.

9 minutes ago, clodney said:

Here's a total shocker. Fuqua gets the interception on the opening drive for Akron, takes it back to the 12 yard line, and then our offense goes 4 and out and turns it over on downs. Just typical this year.

Why not take the FG?  I can't watch now but getting a very early lead is not a terrible thing.  That sounds like a coach trying to flex muscles that the team doesn't have right now. 

I'm not sure what to think. Akron is 2-9 but playing up. UB playing down. 

I don't care how they do it. Just win and get a bowl game. I have no idea how to describe this season for UB. Great 5 game win streak. Played well enough in some of the early ones. Blew a couple... The bulls aren't a bad football team but it's been a weird one for sure.

1 minute ago, clodney said:

10 total yards on 4 drives at home against Akron... LOL! This is unbelievably bad so far.

Is it really unbelievably bad?  I mean, Akron is coming off a big win and has certainly played better.   Buffalo choked away a victory last week and, let's say, this coach/coaching staff has had problems motivating players.    I think this was certainly believable and, to some, sort of expected.

21 minutes ago, UB92 said:

Is it really unbelievably bad?  I mean, Akron is coming off a big win and has certainly played better.   Buffalo choked away a victory last week and, let's say, this coach/coaching staff has had problems motivating players.    I think this was certainly believable and, to some, sort of expected.

Coach Mo is a master recruiter and also master of regression. Our last two November’s and Decembers have been awful. I guess the Rah rah motivation wears off after Halloween and we haven’t given our players their big boy pants yet