Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Braden Hausen

17 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

I mean, are we not trying to get any portal guys? Can’t win with what was left over + Sy

Do we really want portal guys? I’m all for coach building a program of young guys who will potentially be here for 4 years. Again, there’s multiple ways to build but if high school is the draft and the portal is free agency then you build through the draft and supplement through free agency. Coach is looking to bring in a core. All for it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Do we really want portal guys? I’m all for coach building a program of young guys who will potentially be here for 4 years. Again, there’s multiple ways to build but if high school is the draft and the portal is free agency then you build through the draft and supplement through free agency. Coach is looking to bring in a core. All for it.

One thing I am not able to judge well, is to what extent these players will be able to contribute as freshman.  As I look at the current roster, I feel you need two transfers for starters and one transfer to lengthen the bench. This would be 3 transfers and four HS recruits, which seems like a good balance between being competitive next season and build for the future.

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 1

Hopefully we're getting involved early enough in his process to make an impact because 6'7 SGs don't usually stay lightly recruited. The fact that Coach G helped recruit his brother to Nova is a plus, but I'd guess his offer list looks very different come August. 

10 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Hopefully we're getting involved early enough in his process to make an impact because 6'7 SGs don't usually stay lightly recruited. The fact that Coach G helped recruit his brother to Nova is a plus, but I'd guess his offer list looks very different come August. 

Saw some Nova board saying that they’ve contacted him, yet to offer though. I’m seeing a pattern in the types of guys he’s going after. GH likes length and sharpshooters. 

• Like 1