Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Season opener @Wisconsin FS1 9/2/23 3:30pm

5 minutes ago, Ubbullsfan09 said:

Horrible no call on the pass interference. With McNulty missing, that could sadly be a momentum shift 

That was so blatant, between that and the fall on the interception we should have come away with a TD. Good response by the defense though.

Call me crazy but I think this game has been encouraging for our season. We have fought hard, made plays and have given Wisconsin a good scare, with zero help from the refs at all. Most of Wisconsin’s production had come on the end of them simply being stronger, faster and more athletic that is a given coming from power 5 teams. Braelon Allen is literally the size of linebackers lol and we won’t see any team the rest of the schedule where we have such a size and strength mismatch. I think we can make some noise in the MAC this year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ubbullsfan09 said:

Call me crazy but I think this game has been encouraging for our season. We have fought hard, made plays and have given Wisconsin a good scare, with zero help from the refs at all. Most of Wisconsin’s production had come on the end of them simply being stronger, faster and more athletic that is a given coming from power 5 teams. Braelon Allen is literally the size of linebackers lol and we won’t see any team the rest of the schedule where we have such a size and strength mismatch. I think we can make some noise in the MAC this year 

I'm there with you. Really good special teams, putting has been phenomenal. I think Snyder will have an excellent season. Good TE play. Our WR will be fine. Washington and Cook will be very productive. We need better run stopping D and some more QB pressures, but overall this has been a very good start to the season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I'm there with you. Really good special teams, putting has been phenomenal. I think Snyder will have an excellent season. Good TE play. Our WR will be fine. Washington and Cook will be very productive. We need better run stopping D and some more QB pressures, but overall this has been a very good start to the season. 

I totally agree and tbh those too negatives are mostly due to the athleticism/strength gap rather than skill from my eyes 

2 minutes ago, Ubbullsfan09 said:

I totally agree and tbh those too negatives are mostly due to the athleticism/strength gap rather than skill from my eyes 

We also need a better option for 3rd and short. That has not gone well today. To your point, strength plays into that.

• Like 1

Commendable effort in a tough environment. Hung with them for 2-1/2 quarters and then seemed to run out of steam after that questionable call against Wallace that led to 3rd and forever, killed the drive and all momentum after the ensuing 89 yard TD run. The no-call PI in the end zone didn’t help, but then bad calls and no-calls are what you’d expect in a David vs Goliath game on the road like this. Now let’s play like Goliath next week and beat the hell out of Fordham.

Go Bulls! 🤘

Edited by Bluebird96
  • Like 2

What an environment!  There were traditions at UW that UB should strive to work towards.  Tailgating was all around the stadium, but there was also an area (Union South, for the Badger Bash) that was packed.  They had a few different D.J.'s  One just playing music, the other actually had a stage where they talked with former players, had dance parties, a few competitions...  The band came in and played the UB fight song amoung other songs.  Maybe the best tailgate atmoshphere I've ever seen.  In this area you weren't allowed to bring in drinks or food.  The lines for all vendors were no less than 50' long.  

For the game, it was crazy hot.  UW did announce a day or 2 in advance that fans would be able to bring in 2 sealed bottle of water each into the game.  Nice call there.  Much needed.  UW band is outstandiing.  "Jump around" was very cool.  The stadium was shaking.  The hometown fans were very hospitable.  Many greeted us with, "Welcome to Wisconsin", which was quite funny considering that 7 of the 9 that we were with actually live in Wisconsin.  My wife grew up there and we were with her family.  

I agree with the other posters about the game.   It was a David vs. Goliath scenario, and while David didn't win this time, he held his own against the giant.  Speaking of David, he isn't as small as he used to be compared to Goliath.  I remember seeing our players next to UCONN at an event the day before the International bowl.  The size difference seemed tremendous.  For the most part, our guys looked as big as theirs.  The UW fan next to me kept talking about the height of our receivers and tight ends.  I'll leave the game review up to those that watched it and were able to see replays.  Suffice it to say, I came away quite impressed with the way our guys played.  

I do wonder what call Bluebird96 was talking about being questionable against Wallace.  The one that sticks out in my mind is the one where Wallace pancaked a guy 10 yards downfield, well after the whistle.  No question there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I do wonder what call Bluebird96 was talking about being questionable against Wallace.  The one that sticks out in my mind is the one where Wallace pancaked a guy 10 yards downfield, well after the whistle.  No question there.

That’s the questionable call I was talking about. The announcers were even saying it was “dubious” but I’d have to go back and see it again. Tbh, maybe it just felt good to say it was a bad call because it came at such a bad time and killed whatever momentum UB was building.  Nonetheless, the Bulls fought hard and hopefully that will carry into next week and beyond.

On 9/2/2023 at 7:08 PM, promotherobot said:

They got worn down. Played hard. I'm pleased 

The Buffalo Bulls played hard I don’t know if they got worn down as much as they lost to that junior 19 year old teenager running back with a 28 year old NFL football body. I wasn’t impressed with Wisconsin Badgers quarterback. Unfortunately UB Bulls couldn’t take advantage of the early turnover to put pressure on the quarterback that looked like a turnover machine waiting to happen if UB forced him to have self doubt and have to pass more. Not converting the inception into 7 points let Wisconsin Badgers off the hook in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up