Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Akron Game Time and TV

BrooklynBull

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

Watching BG take it to Georgia Tech pretty good on the road, 38-20 late in the 4th.  So maybe BG won’t be as easy of a matchup as we may have thought?  We’ll find out on 10/14

Toledo got all they wanted from NIU this week as well. You are never safe in the MAC.

30 minutes ago, UB Horns Up said:

Congratulations to the 2023 Buffalo Bulls on their first MAC football win of the season. Bottom line UB Bulls needs 5 out of 7 to become bowl eligible that is all that matters a win is a win in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

They'd have a shot if they could play Akron 7 more times. Otherwise, I doubt it. 

9 hours ago, Blue03 said:

Canadian?

56C99060-6D96-447A-A7BB-EE1D0859C163.jpeg

They're not very smart. There's a reason they're #361 in the US News rankings.

UAkron undergrad enrollment is down 60% in a dozen years. People aren't falling for scams like University of Phoenix and ITT Tech anymore, but somehow Ohioans are still falling victim to the University of Akron. Sad really.

21 hours ago, rma said:

They're not very smart. There's a reason they're #361 in the US News rankings.

UAkron undergrad enrollment is down 60% in a dozen years. People aren't falling for scams like University of Phoenix and ITT Tech anymore, but somehow Ohioans are still falling victim to the University of Akron. Sad really.

There’s a lot of hatred in this post…certainly very tangential to the actual game. 

Nice win, I was glad for the players to get the W, they deserved one.  That's about all you can say,, Akron is pretty bad.  Not sure where we go from here, but there are a couple more wins on that MAC schedule if UB can play some D like they did Saturday.  Snyder is impossible to predict when he will have one of those high completion and big play games or when he will look terrible.

BTW,  I noticed that Fordham lost to Georgetown on Saturday and the Rams only had 259 yards of total offense.  The Hoyas are a Patriot League team that doesn't even bother to schedule G5 teams.  Georgetown lost to Stonehill College a couple weeks ago and lost 30-0 to Columbia last weekend.

That Fordham loss by UB was disgraceful.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

Snyder is impossible to predict when he will have one of those high completion and big play games or when he will look terrible.

Not to pick on Snyder, because overall he’s played fairly well considering how much UB leans on the passing game this year….but…he (narrowly) leads the MAC in passing yards on account of the fact he’s thrown almost 60 more passes than the next closest guy (ironically, DJ Irons of Akron).  And he’s averaging just 9.3 yds/completion.  In all fairness, he’s also leading the MAC with 11 TDs, with a respectable 4 INTs on 190 attempts.

Given all of the Bulls’ issues thus far, I’m not sure that Snyder is in the top 10 of reasons why we are sitting at 1-4. 

• Thanks 1

UB had a couple of poorly timed penalities -- one took points off the board.  

Akron isn't very good on offense, but UB was little better.

It was a game we could have easily lost, but found a way.   Early in the 4th quarter I turned to my father and said "this is going to overtime" and he agreed.   

There are some poor MAC teams this year and they are inconsistent.  I mean, on paper it would seem that CMU is better than UB.  They beat a reasonable USA team on the road and had some success versus the Irish.  But they were all out to beat EMU as 10 point home favorites.  They come into UB Stadium as 3 point road favorites and, to me, this game can be anything.  Anything from a 42 - 10 Buffalo win to a 42 - 10 Buffalo loss are in play -- and anything in between.

Snyder is certainly not "the guy", but he now has experience and that has value.   

Go Bulls.  Let's make it two-in-a-row this Saturday.