Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Athletic Director Seat - Hot, Warm, Cold

Sportsfan

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Great opportunity for Mr. Allnut.

But doesn’t he have to show success at Buffalo to be even considered?

In reality, he’s trending more to get fired than to get promoted in my opinion. So people bringing him up for this role just doesn’t make any sense.

On 12/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, BrooklynBull said:

I never said it had to be one or the other.  I like the winning.  I enjoy the trips to the bowl games.   I have been to Columbus, Providence, Tulsa, Albany and Storrs for the NCAA tournament.  However, education is more important to me than winning.

I agree education is important where we disagree is that you can’t do both. You can get a good education and still win. Don’t give young people a crutch to excuse losing. Well that is ok you have an UB education and a 10th place trophy that is ridiculous. You can’t go through life without competing that is why this country today especially with young people have the problems it has today. Because of enabling young people and rewarding failure instead of promoting competition like in my day. Yes you aren’t always going to win but you keep trying everyday and you don’t pass out 10th place trophies like there a 1st place trophy. We see things very differently you always try to do your best not oh well I got a UB education so it’s ok to be 0-12. No it’s never ok and 10th place shouldn’t be celebrated. UB isn’t a special case university the Ivy League competes. Harvard football doesn’t say I got a good Harvard education it’s ok to lose to Yale because I got a good education. So what? So did the Yale football team that just beat Harvard football team.

The problem with UB as a total university is denial. Few are asking UB Bulls to beat SEC Georgia. We Buffalo fans critical of UB Bulls athletics are saying it’s ridiculous that 30 years later that UB Bulls are still struggling to win with our peers schools in the MAC. UB needs to do more to succeed in the MAC. If for UB that is too heavy of a lift compared to the other MAC schools. I don’t think UB should drop to Division III they should have no athletics program if the leaders at UB are that out of touch with competition and reality of the real world you have to compete everyday. Choosing to want to live in a fantasy world on the taxpayers money with losing and excuse making. The bottom line is lots of people get a good education and win games even Reggie Witherspoon Canisius Golden Griffins win MAAC games against our peers. UB Bulls aren’t an exception get going. That UB Bulls basketball team makes me sick watching kids waste everyone’s time show boating with street ball and crap instead of concentrating on playing winning basketball. I would not renew one UB Bulls basketball player on that team let them all transfer and start over because the current UB Bulls basketball culture reeks of losing and refusing to follow a game plan to success choosing the easy way out in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up

6 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

What did Allen Greene do here as Athletic Director to show success before getting hired at Auburn? 

On 2/5/2024 at 8:34 PM, BrooklynBull said:

Hockey was looked into years ago.  It was too expensive and there would need to be either the addition of women's sport(s) or dropping of existing men's sport(s).  The cost has not gone down since the last time it was looked at.

And didn’t UB cut a handful of sports around 7 years ago to save money? They’re very unlikely to add another sport.

9 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

In reality, he’s trending more to get fired than to get promoted in my opinion. So people bringing him up for this role just doesn’t make any sense.

Well don't say that too loud. We want Missouri to take him off our hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rma said:

What did Allen Greene do here as Athletic Director to show success before getting hired at Auburn? 

Good point. All Allnut has to say is 'SUNY didn't give me the resources to do my job.' 

FYI the St.Louis Dispatch has Allnut high on their list.

Edited by promotherobot
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...