Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB MBB vs Western Michigan - Sat. 1/6/24 2:00 PM

Worried about Hubbard. If he gets hot WMU could run us off the court. That said, Sy Chatman at Alumni is probably the best player in this game today and that should be enough to get us to 2-0. Need Isaiah to find his game at Alumni too. Isaiah hasn't been great at home since the FDU game.

Go Bulls 🤘

• Like 2

I'll be in the building after skipping Bona and Niagara (shame, I know). Looking forward to this one.

Sabol should take 10 threes and if four go in, I like our chances. Western's outside shooting seems dangerous like Central's did and I don't think we can count on another 0-17 start from deep.

For whatever reason, UB has consistently underperformed at home by roughly 6 points, albeit with a very small sample size. 

Because of that, I’m thinking that this will be a single digit win for WMU.

But man, I would love for UB to come out, running on all cylinders, and put on a show for the fans at Alumni!

A couple of thoughts, I would suggest that WMU is slightly better than their ranking.  Why, Javonte Brown recently became eligible due to NCAA decision on two time transfers.  At 7' he gives UB a bit of a matchup problem.  He has averaged 17.0 ppg shooting nearly 70%. 

That said one key to me, can UB limit their turnovers.  If they are around 11 or fewer for the game, they have a good shot at the w.

In addition to Adams I am eager for Graham to start contributing on offense.

I would be quite surprised if UB manages to win this one.  

I mean, how does one game take away all of what has happened this year?   I would guess UB loses by 11 points.  

But if UB does go out and dominates today (heck…even a 1 point win) I would be surprised.  Pleasantly surprised, that is.  

Go Bulls. 

Edited by UB92
Score prediction before tip off

8 minutes ago, eyjee said:

Second game in a row with Fulcher out of the starting lineup

I do think this is our best lineup. Fulcher is doing better and we need him, but I like this group. Sabol and Bolin can be our new Segu and Williams, just playing more earlier 

1 minute ago, eyjee said:

In another all too early statement, I am unimpressed with Graham

I thought he was going to bring a lot more, but hopefully as he gets a few more games under his belt, he will show more.

6 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I thought he was going to bring a lot more, but hopefully as he gets a few more games under his belt, he will show more.

I'm not interested in players who have transferred three times or more. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, eyjee said:

An absolute miracle to only be down two going into the half when UB was scoreless for what, seven minutes?

Sabol, man... 🔥

Adams looked at him several times when he was wide open, but decided not to pass to him. Not sure that’s a great game plan.

• Like 1

Just now, UBinMD said:

Adams looked at him several times when he was wide open, but decided not to pass to him. Not sure that’s a great game plan.

We really need Adams to find his game so I have a love/hate with him being 1-7 so far today but still looking for his shot. We know he's good enough and we need him to find that level.

But

I would certainly like our offense to look more fluid and that begins with a little more ball movement than what we've seen so far today.

8 minutes ago, Ubbullsfan09 said:

I can’t stand how Isaiah Adams plays. It feels like he single-handedly shoots us out of game sometimes. Takes dumb shots and thinks he’s a star

I never liked his game and seems like he regressed this year. Averaging 4 turnovers a game and can’t shoot the 3 anymore with any consistency. I know coming back from injury but can’t use that as an excuse forever. Also basketball IQ like you said just not there at many times. 

- Isaiah needs to find his game or start dishing the ball. 6-21 at home in MAC play ain't it

- This team is completely different with and without Jo on the floor

- By my count UB attempted 34 shots in the 2nd half. Adams took 14, Chatman took 12. Let's get Sabol more involved

Gonna be a long(er) year if we can't figure out the offensive side of the ball.

Go Bulls 🤘

• Like 1