Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MBB vs Kent @6:30 PM CBSSN (Alumni Arena - Buffalo, NY)

I want video evidence that this team practices between games. I would actually like to see the entire practice on tape. I saw better game plans and teamwork when I used to play intramural basketball in the Triple Gym!!

• Like 1

UB is playing like trash for sure, but Kent shooting out of their minds from 3 at 12/18 vs their season average of 35%.  Not sure how much of that is an anomaly, and how much is due to poor 3-pt defense by UB?  Either way, they’d still be winning by double digits but not by 25+.  Little consolation.

4 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

UB is playing like trash for sure, but Kent shooting out of their minds from 3 at 12/18 vs their season average of 35%.  Not sure how much of that is an anomaly, and how much is due to poor 3-pt defense by UB?  Either way, they’d still be winning by double digits but not by 25+.  Little consolation.

These teams now see Buffalo on their schedule and know it will be like a Globetrotter game and we are the Generals. Their eyes light up and the confidence is thru the roof. 
The sad thing is our football coaching staff is attending this. You know they want to leave but probably won’t to not embarrass GH3 any further.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

They just said on the broadcast…we shoot the most 3s per game in the conference yet we are dead last in 3pt FG% in the conference. And 5th worst in the country. Literal definition of insanity. Combine that with poor defense and we get blown out every game

GHIII is not a good basketball coach. This stat tells you all you need to know. He is in WAY over his head. Anyone want to debate, I’m up for it.

• Like 1

The only pro I can see for not firing Halcovage after year 1 is that it would mean we don’t have to watch Alnutt flub another hire. Alnutt has to go before MBB opens again. Don’t know where all that money comes from though

Edited by trueblue32
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chet said:

GHIII is not a good basketball coach. This stat tells you all you need to know. He is in WAY over his head. Anyone want to debate, I’m up for it.

I’m trying really hard to be patient and give GH3 the benefit of the doubt, but no argument here.  I would’ve thought his pedigree from spending 15 years at an elite program would be worth at least a few wins even with a young roster with less than stellar talent overall. 

2 minutes ago, Chet said:

Could be a Mo situation, basketball version. Our coaches average age is what, 30? Every coach except Cage got promoted within the first month. Sometimes you need someone that knows what they are doing on the bench. You can’t even say they are star recruiters since they brought in almost nobody.

7 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

On ESPN2 St Bona is playing Dayton in a tight game, 9:00 to go 2nd half.

Isaac Jack just scored his season-high 8th point.  More salt in the wound 

….to be followed by Toledo @ Akron.  Should be a good matchup but not sure I have the stomach to watch that one 😂

Some of tonight’s loss can be chalked up to extremely hot 3P shooting by Kent (14/24, 58%) and another subpar 3P shooting performance by UB (6/28, 21%). 

Only 11 turnovers for the Bulls which is hard to believe.

But the most glaring team stat is 22 rebounds for the Bulls and 46 for Kent. The announcers were saying it from the jump, nobody was boxing out and everybody was standing around watching Kent’s players sky to the rim for seemingly every board.

Not much else to say.  Regression is worse than what we saw from FB this season 

Edited by Bluebird96

18 minutes ago, Chet said:

Don’t forget about the lack of athleticism. Outside of Chatman and Fulcher, we are cooked. 

50 minutes ago, RapidsFan said:

If you fire Alnutt and promote Halcovage to Athletic Director, you have a chance to install a better coach while shifting the school's focus back to basketball

Otherwise the next 5 years are going to be pure, unadulterated pain

They’re not firing Alnutt. Stop

52 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

These teams now see Buffalo on their schedule and know it will be like a Globetrotter game and we are the Generals. Their eyes light up and the confidence is thru the roof. 
The sad thing is our football coaching staff is attending this. You know they want to leave but probably won’t to not embarrass GH3 any further.

I still think we beat NIU 2x, someone else 4-14 record.

2 minutes ago, TheCommish said:

Niu is as bad as we’re. The AD is worse. 

Well, at least watching the game at their place is watchable now that they have a new floor. Could you imagine watching those 2 teams play on that ridiculously unwatchable floor combined with the quality of play? I've never turned a UB game off, but that might have gotten me there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

Well, at least watching the game at their place is watchable now that they have a new floor. Could you imagine watching those 2 teams play on that ridiculously unwatchable floor combined with the quality of play? I've never turned a UB game off, but that might have gotten me there.

We have no right to talk. We literally had a basketball on the court.

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

I'm officially sad/mad about this whole thing now. Hadn't really hit me fully, but sitting there in person tonight it was stark.

Had a good time with my buddy, had a good time kvetching with @skrabukes at halftime. But ours is as bad a college hoops product as there is in the country. I never, ever thought I'd say that.

There's no point in looking at stats or anything until we get many new players. And I have no idea why they'd want to come play for this staff. I just don't see a way out. 

NIL money, we need about $200k, we would be top 100