Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Lefebvre to transfer portal

10 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

per his social media, for his extra year. Not a shock as he could find his way to a program, like Mabry before him.

Yeah that and also our offense not tailored for him to put up big numbers with how much we run the ball. Probably wants to be on team where he can put up big numbers. Wish him the best, quality all the way. 

2 minutes ago, Ubbulls84 said:

Yeah that and also our offense not tailored for him to put up big numbers with how much we run the ball. Probably wants to be on team where he can put up big numbers. Wish him the best, quality all the way. 

Hopefully he can find a good landing spot to showcase his talents a bit more next year, however, run blocking is a must in the NFL, so he has that experience which should help. Now he can do some pass catching. We have had a very good run on TE over the last several years. Hopefully some guys on the roster and our new crop can step in and keep it moving.

This is going to happen a lot and I expect we will pluck some guys from the portal as well, so hopefully the give and take will benefit us as well.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

He'll get playing time for sure with his experience. WKU has 19 players looking elsewhere in the portal, mostly recruits of their former coach. Tons of transfers coming in too.

I guess we don't have it too bad. I can't imagine how you rebuild off a losing season in the worst conference (CUSA) with 19 players in portal

27 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Lamonte Bearden fan.

Awesome comment.

Maybe it's a degree program he is going for? Looks like their highest draft pick was a 2nd rounder in 2017, Forrest Lamp with the Chargers. Last pick was 2018, 4th rounder Joel Iyiegbuniwe with the Bears.

The most well know (to me anyway) NFL player was Tyler Higbee - TE for the Rams (4th round pick). Also, Jack Doyle of the Colts went there but was undrafted.

Maybe it's a TE haven or something. Good luck, he served us well. I think he could have been a big part of our offense next year with Patterson and Marks' departure, but hopefully he gets some numbers and get a look at the next level. Osborn and Mabry at least got on rosters after their departures. Osborn had some special teams opportunities, Mabry is practice squad.