Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ball St

squire17

29 minutes ago, UBlearns said:

How bad was the first half?  ...

After 15 minutes, they only had 3 assists.  After a couple weeks off, this may be expected.  But I feel assists over these past two seasons have been down, so at the time I didn’t attribute it to rust. 

Shooting from distance was another issue, hitting only 2 of 12. 

12 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

After 15 minutes, they only had 3 assists.  After a couple weeks off, this may be expected.  But I feel assists over these past two seasons have been down, so at the time I didn’t attribute it to rust. 

Shooting from distance was another issue, hitting only 2 of 12. 

They appeared to be playing selfish to start the game. Every possession was a player trying to 1 on 1 drive to the net then throw up a low percentage shot against a double team. When they started passing it around it was a whole different team. 

Second half was perhaps the best this team has looked under Whitesell. Hoping for a fairly comfortable win Tuesday afternoon before the big return game with BG.

This squad has the potential to be right up there with BG and Toledo when clicking, playing together and sharing the ball.

1 hour ago, TML1000 said:

Second half was perhaps the best this team has looked under Whitesell. Hoping for a fairly comfortable win Tuesday afternoon before the big return game with BG.

This squad has the potential to be right up there with BG and Toledo when clicking, playing together and sharing the ball.

WMU is another game the Bulls needs to win as WMU is in bottom third of MAC. 

It is worth mentioning that the team now has Mballa and Brewton, so hopefully the Bulls turn the tables in that game...but need to focus one game at a time.

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

WMU is another game the Bulls needs to win as WMU is in bottom third of MAC. 

It is worth mentioning that the team now has Mballa and Brewton, so hopefully the Bulls turn the tables in that game...but need to focus one game at a time.

Mballa had one of the most dominant performances I’ve ever seen out of a UB player yesterday 

1 hour ago, Erie County said:

I'm not sure whats wrong with him but he isnt the same player

I mean the truth is Jayvon is the third best player on this team after Mballa and Jeenathan and our third best player is still good enough for 16 points a game. 

This is a good thing. Those guys are better than Jayvon and the ball should be in their hands more than him. 

3 hours ago, BullBoy said:

I mean the truth is Jayvon is the third best player on this team after Mballa and Jeenathan and our third best player is still good enough for 16 points a game. 

This is a good thing. Those guys are better than Jayvon and the ball should be in their hands more than him. 

Agree, I think Jayvon has been exactly who he has been and is. The reason it looks like he has been off is the improvement that has been made by mballa and Williams

As you said its a good thing - going from 1 1st team mac caliber player to 3 is very good