Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Women's Hoops

TML1000

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

Women currently leading by 20 on BG. Nice!

Well that didn't age well, but they still got the W by 1 in OT. Let's hope for 3 wins next week! Like the men's team, when they are playing well, they can beat anyone. When they're not, it can be scary.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Will she get a call from Allen Greene who s looking for a new women's coach?

She may, but after not leaving UB after the 2018 and 2019 successes, when we know Coach Jack had the interest of a number of schools, I would be surprised if she left for a situation such as Auburn.

Auburn is a total rebuild for a program that has had limited success within a conference that is currently the deepest in the NCAA and in which there are numerous power house teams. I am sure coach could handle the challenge but it would seem a very odd fit to me. With her son now at UB and the having much of her team back for not only next season but the next two seasons, I would be surprised if coach left now but I suppose there is always the possibility of the "too good to pass up offer."

Here is hoping coach is content at UB and takes the Sue Guevara path of making the very successful MAC program she built be her last coaching position.

Edited by TML1000

27 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

BG has 12 points off turnovers, to UB's 3.Ā  There's the difference.

Live by the Fair, die by the Fair...need to work on balance next season. Sheā€™s getting assists, but we have no plan B to take the pressure off.

26 minutes ago, TML1000 said:

The even bigger issue in this game is the brutal 3 point defense...we just played BG a week ago and yet cannot defend multiple shooters. 13 3's given up and counting.Ā 

If you shoot 33% as a TEAM from the field, you are going down. When your starĀ is 7-26/2-10 on 3's, that's disastrous. They are fortunate it was this close.