Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Finishing the Season?

BrooklynBull

The last game on the schedule is set for March 5, 2021.  We have 5 postponed games and 5 scheduled games to left.  There are 23 days until the end of the season. Pretty much the  same for the women.

The MAC should be saying something about making games up or just cancelling them and how that will impact who goes to Cleveland and what happens if a team cannot play in Cleveland.

It looks like one of the women's games has been rescheduled as they now play a home and home against Ball on the 17th and 20th. That leaves 2 other games to be rescheduled for them, so the women have a chance to play all conference games assuming no additional games are called off.

Highly doubt the men will play a full slate...the same goes for most of the men's teams.

It is fairly clear who top eight are at this point.  The differences in schedules / cancelled games is mire important from seeding perspective as it will make seeding challenging. 

Your last question is the most intriguing.  Say for 1-8 game the #1 team is unavailable...do they forfeit the game?  Take it one step further to NCAA tournament, and Gonzaga is set to face a 16 seed and they are ruled inelligible...what then?  Perhaps they push NCAA tournament back a couple of weeks so teams can quarantine.

4 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

It is fairly clear who top eight are at this point.  The differences in schedules / cancelled games is mire important from seeding perspective as it will make seeding challenging. 

Your last question is the most intriguing.  Say for 1-8 game the #1 team is unavailable...do they forfeit the game?  Take it one step further to NCAA tournament, and Gonzaga is set to face a 16 seed and they are ruled inelligible...what then?  Perhaps they push NCAA tournament back a couple of weeks so teams can quarantine.

My guess the ncaa selection committee will announce say 80 teams but the tournament will still be 68 but the 12 additional are back up if a team isn't able to make it to the bubble at least for the first round to make sure 68 teams participate

But I have a question about Indy: Are the students leaving the "bubble" after their games or will they be going to class at the "bubble" in Indiana remotely? Because if students are coming and going I don't know how this tournament finishes without dq's

12 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

My guess the ncaa selection committee will announce say 80 teams but the tournament will still be 68 but the 12 additional are back up if a team isn't able to make it to the bubble at least for the first round to make sure 68 teams participate

But I have a question about Indy: Are the students leaving the "bubble" after their games or will they be going to class at the "bubble" in Indiana remotely? Because if students are coming and going I don't know how this tournament finishes without dq's

I bet you can leave but you cant come back in..