Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#21 UB @ Miami, OH (3/1 - 8pm EST)

Jeseph

2 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

Thanks for the correction.  I don't know them, and my comment wasn't intended as being personal.  To me, that one call seemed very strange, given the score at the time.

This has been basically a Buffalo love fest since before the game started. Sometimes I feel like we get so used to Paul Peck (who is our homer) we forget what a national broadcast is like. 

Just now, 121Merrimac said:

and at 18-0 (at the time), why not?  If the game had been more even, I wouldn't have said anything.

National games require pretending that the game was chosen for both teams. It wasn't. Miami is terrible. But they game plan ahead of time to talk about each team a certain amount of time. This broadcast has been 90/10 UB. But they have to give at least some credence to Miami as a team. I'm more than happy with how we're being portrayed on national TV.

• Like 1

Did Seth Davis just say that if the Bulls win out, they could find themselves in the 8/9 matchup? Did he say that? Maybe if Arizona St loses out, we’ll see  a UB-Arizona St 8/9 game. Calm down...I can not calm down!!

Edited by squire17

With a senior laden team losing focus and letting your intensity fall off is inexcusable.  After starting terrifically the guys decided they’d go one on one rather than sharing the ball. The kept forcing it. Consequently they turned it over 10 times in the first half. There are a lot of adjectives that apply. Choose one!

2 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

Every team has cold stretches in a game, but this team's seem to be awfully long and awfully bad when they happen. They will get bounced in the first round of the NCAA  if they keep doing this.  You can't beat a good team this way.

I’m just hoping we beat a bad team.

have to stop being our own worst enemy.

Just now, squire17 said:

Did Seth Davis just say that if the Bulls win out, they could find themselves in the 8/9 matchup? Did he say that?

Yup.  He probably hasn't been impressed with UB getting handled Miami for 2/3 of that half and blowing an 18-0 lead lol.

7 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

These long stretches where the team loses focus and goes to sleep seem to happen most games and will absolutely kill them in March against a good team.

I think Oats really emphasized coming out strong. With CJ going down and bringing Segu in they became totally out of synch. Which I believe accounted for a horrible last 15 minutes in the first half. The key in the second half is defense, NO stupid forced turnovers and moving the ball. If they get back to that this will be a 20 pt win.  

1 minute ago, UB85 said:

I think Oats really emphasized coming out strong. With CJ going down and bringing Segu in they became totally out of synch. Which I believe accounted for a horrible last 15 minutes in the first half. The key in the second half is defense, NO stupid forced turnovers and moving the ball. If they get back to that this will be a 20 pt win.  

They also need to seal off the paint like they've done really well in the past. Miami has been running the paint when they're on offense

6 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Did Seth Davis just say that if the Bulls win out, they could find themselves in the 8/9 matchup? Did he say that? Maybe if Arizona St loses out, we’ll see  a UB-Arizona St 8/9 game. Calm down...I can not calm down!!

F him. He hasn't liked us all season. Whats the point of Net or Kenpom if we win out and are an 8 or 9 seed? That would be an absolute joke. If we win out, and we will, we should be a 5, give or take.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ubbulls08 said:

National games require pretending that the game was chosen for both teams. ...

I love the discussion, but I still only partly agree with the statement. Instead of pretending, I feel the announcers should follow the flow of the game.  Agree, try not to be one sided, but again at 18-0, what else should they do?  Especially as the game has gotten closer, I do feel they have done a great job (easily top 20% of all MAC games), it's just one call that got away from me.