Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#21 UB @ Miami, OH (3/1 - 8pm EST)

Jeseph

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

Women's team leading by 30 on current #1mac team miami. Hardly any students (maybe 30 not from track or volleyball team), but great turnout from the community on senior day.

Largest UB WBB crowd ever (besides the UNC game).  Amazing.

1 hour ago, rma said:

Largest UB WBB crowd ever (besides the UNC game).  Amazing.

Yep, missed by most of the students. The community has certainly bought into the UB teams, both men and women. It's a shame that the students refuse to show up for the women's games. They are an outstanding team with a great coaching staff, and a likely WNBA draft pick. One chance left at home, I hope for a nice crowd on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Yep, missed by most of the students. The community has certainly bought into the UB teams, both men and women. It's a shame that the students refuse to show up for the women's games. They are an outstanding team with a great coaching staff, and a likely WNBA draft pick. One chance left at home, I hope for a nice crowd on Wednesday. 

I brought this up over the last few years about student attendance and was sort of berated to worry about general fan attendance. I said at the time that our entire family have been UB supporters and season ticket holders and attend and talk proud whenever we are out in public. Why the student association, true blue or for that matter the UB administration can’t get more students to come out is beyond our family. It was a beautifully played game on both ends of the floor with Dillard and Hemphill being at their best. It was a wonderful senior day with tributes and videos of each senior and sincere appreciation by the seniors.. Something like 3,300 for the CMU game and 3,500 for the Miami game who came in as the leading team in the MAC. Hope crowds like this continue for the Bowling Green game on Wed. Go Bulls!!!!!

3 minutes ago, John said:

I brought this up over the last few years about student attendance and was sort of berated to worry about general fan attendance. I said at the time that our entire family have been UB supporters and season ticket holders and attend and talk proud whenever we are out in public. Why the student association, true blue or for that matter the UB administration can’t get more students to come out is beyond our family. It was a beautifully played game on both ends of the floor with Dillard and Hemphill being at their best. It was a wonderful senior day with tributes and videos of each senior and sincere appreciation by the seniors.. Something like 3,300 for the CMU game and 3,500 for the Miami game who came in as the leading team in the MAC. Hope crowds like this continue for the Bowling Green game on Wed. Go Bulls!!!!!

I'm very happy that the locals have come out to see the girl's games. It's high quality basketball.

The attendance for the public-at-large is generally less on mid-week games, so hopefully the students will fill the void on Wednesday. 

21 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

I don’t care about their gym.  I do hope their nationally televised games increase attendance at all future BB games around Buffalo. 

I do. 

When we all had tickets to the game for their GA section, we had to stand in the back corner by their concession stands. That was Busch league. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 10:58 PM, ubbulls08 said:

Canisius gym is pathetic. Looks like they are playing in a smallish high school with terrible lighting.

Good for Spoon, though. Classy, smart, Buffalo guy. Good luck to him and the Grifs.

I shake my head when I go to a D1 volleyball there and the ball gets caught in the ceiling rafters. Maybe Canisius can appeal to the Pegula’s for a donation to build something other than a Middle School-class gym. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ubfan75 said:

I shake my head when I go to a D1 volleyball there and the ball gets caught in the ceiling rafters. Maybe Canisius can appeal to the Pegula’s for a donation to build something other than a Middle School-class gym. 

Orrrrr UB can appeal to the Pegulas to fix up a million things in need on campus haha

• Jeseph unpinned this topic