Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MBB: UB vs St. John Fisher, 6pm 12/6 ESPN+

The NCAA should ban these games counting as regular season games and a university ability to charge money for such ridiculousness. It isn’t right to the paying UB fan to the UB season ticket holders to consider this a UB Bulls game Division 3 ridiculous. It should be a closed game coaches scrimmage because that is what it is it certainly isn’t basketball beating another basketball team by 50 points. With the only mystery if UB Bulls will break 100 points tonight in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, UB Horns Up said:

The NCAA should ban these games counting as regular season games and a university ability to charge money for such ridiculousness. It isn’t right to the paying UB fan to the UB season ticket holders to consider this a UB Bulls game Division 3 ridiculous. It should be a closed game coaches scrimmage because that is what it is it certainly isn’t basketball beating another basketball team by 50 points. With the only mystery if UB Bulls will break 100 points tonight in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I agree with you that they shouldn't be playing D3 schools in a real game. But it's hard to get D1 schools to play here without paying them.  Of course UB could just play most of it's OOC on the road. That would solve the ticket value issue you raise.

1 hour ago, UB Horns Up said:

I like watching 7’0” 360 guys hit 3’s and have UB win in the same game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBulls99 said:

For schedule ranking purposes D3 games don’t hurt us. Beating low level D1 teams does. 

The announcers said there was a D1 opponent but it fell out, so instead of a week off JW called a local team ranked #16 in D3. I agree with that personally.

2 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

The announcers said there was a D1 opponent but it fell out, so instead of a week off JW called a local team ranked #16 in D3. I agree with that personally.

Should have read all the way down. Didn’t hear College of Charleston but that would have been nice.

I don't like all the non-D1 games on the schedule either.  But this team needs games.  So it's better than nothing.

Teams with anything to lose won't come here.  It's a bummer as a fan.

I don't have any comments about this one other than - no one got hurt, they got some more game experience as a group, especially the rest of the bench, and that these look a little sloppy at times because the game intensity and focus isn't naturally as high.