Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2022-23 Recruiting Class

UBinMD

4 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Curious if anyone knows when sites like 247 reset based on signings? Also, do they account for JUCO? I know usually they don’t include transfers but wasn’t sure. We previously were rated last in the MAC but that was with only 6 commits accounted for. 

JUCO guys don’t count as transfers in the eyes of 247, they’re counted like HS commits. 247 gives stars to players throughout the year. I’d expect each player to be ranked fully by February. To judge the pedigree of the unranked or JUCO players I tend to look at offers 

Just now, Dabulls said:

JUCO guys don’t count as transfers in the eyes of 247, they’re counted like HS commits. 247 gives stars to players throughout the year. I’d expect each player to be ranked fully by February. To judge the pedigree of the unranked or JUCO players I tend to look at offers 

Also today has to be pure hell for the staff at 247 lol, so many players signing, transferring etc…

1 minute ago, 121Merrimac said:

I’m still not sure who had last years best class.  

(judged by which date?)

Believe last years class was finalized during the summer. Think our recruiting class was announced around the same time. Think we had best class overall, that includes transfers from other d1 programs 

26 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Believe last years class was finalized during the summer. Think our recruiting class was announced around the same time. Think we had best class overall, that includes transfers from other d1 programs 

Huh, my memory may be way off (again). I thought the best class was announced like a day after the initial signing day.  (Well before recruiting services evaluated all MAC recruits)

8 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

Huh, my memory may be way off (again). I thought the best class was announced like a day after the initial signing day.  (Well before recruiting services evaluated all MAC recruits)

It is announced after the signing day in February.

Also to the poster above Coach Linguist is the fourth coach, not the third to take UB to a bowl game:

1. Gill: International
  2. Quinn: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
  3. Leipold: Dollar General (now Lending Tree), Bahamas, Camellia Bowls
  4. Linguist: Camellia Bowl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

Not sure why this kid wasn't included in the press release, but it appears we signed the #1 Long Snapper out of PA, so that's kinda cool:

Whoever put the tree together should get bonus points!

Looks like he may not be on scholarship, could be why he is not in the list. Could earn one at some point. I believe I saw a kicker commit too, but he may be in the same situation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, UBinMD said:

I see Ron Cook, Daymond Williams and Gabe Wallace are still showing up on the roster. Do they have eligibility? They are both listed as grad students. Those would be nice pieces to keep.

Looks like they are among a group of players for whom the 2020 season did not count as a year played because of COVID.  There will be a number of graduate students next year playing for a fifth or sometimes a sixth season.

58 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Looks like they are among a group of players for whom the 2020 season did not count as a year played because of COVID.  There will be a number of graduate students next year playing for a fifth or sometimes a sixth season.

That’s nice for our roster, those are some good cogs to get back.

• 3 weeks later...