Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

George Halcovage III the next UB Men's Basketball Coach

Jeseph

Not a surprise, as we'll have to get some players eventually, but I saw Tibbs say in his Instagram comments that he'll be on the road recruiting the weekend of April 21st. That's the end of a quiet period with a dozen AAU tournaments around the country.Ā 

36 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Not a surprise, as we'll have to get some players eventually, but I saw Tibbs say in his Instagram comments that he'll be on the road recruiting the weekend of April 21st. That's the end of a quiet period with a dozen AAU tournaments around the country.Ā 

Il excited to start hearing names. I have a feeling we may not be retaining much, except maybe the guys not yet in the portal.

Notice how new UB Bulls basketball coach George Halcovage went to the New Era store in Buffalo to buy a Buffalo Bisons hat today. George Halcovage is off to a great start public relations wise at least he gets it. I truly think the answer for UB Bulls athletics going forward into the future is having a transfer portal for UB alumni to go into that wanted all things ā€œMr Wonderfulā€ Danny White and New Yorking everything UB. I think those wanting that transfer to Stony Brook your degrees can be the New York Seawolves and the rest of us can be the Buffalo Bulls. I think that is the best solution those that want that can have your ā€œMr Wonderfulā€Ā Fantasies at Stony Brook University. I will help you all pack you wonā€™t be missed with that New York mindset. Buffalo, Western New York forever inĀ my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Letā€™s Go BuffaloĀ 

On 4/4/2023 at 9:59 AM, 1975 said:

Wifey and I are alums. We go to a large number of menā€™s and womenā€™s BB games and I never miss volleyball. I assume alumni are more likely to but season tickets to UB sports. I find it odd that the alumni folks did not inform us of the greeting of the new coach at AA.Ā 

UB Athletics does not have the most together operation.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 1:58 PM, DooleyBull06 said:

I donā€™t understand the hate towards Hodgson. Iā€™ll forever be grateful for what he and Oats did here. What heā€™s done with the TBT roster. We got our guy. He wasnā€™t our guy. It is what it is. I hope he does well. And I really hope we play his squad. Could be real fun.Ā 

It's how things went down, allegedly, after Oats left. The rumor was he gave Allnut an ultimatum to hire him or he walks.

11 hours ago, promotherobot said:
On 4/4/2023 at 9:59 AM, 1975 said:

Wifey and I are alums. We go to a large number of menā€™s and womenā€™s BB games and I never miss volleyball. I assume alumni are more likely to but season tickets to UB sports. I find it odd that the alumni folks did not inform us of the greeting of the new coach at AA.Ā 

UB Athletics does not have the most together operation.

Emails were sent out by Athletics for theĀ  introductory press conference.Ā  Emails have also been sent out by Athletics about a meet and greet at Southern Tier Brewing Company for Wednesday night.Ā  These are Athletics events and not Alumni events.Ā  Not sure why the Alumni Association would be sending out announcements fort these events/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Emails were sent out by Athletics for theĀ  introductory press conference.Ā  Emails have also been sent out by Athletics about a meet and greet at Southern Tier Brewing Company for Wednesday night.Ā  These are Athletics events and not Alumni events.Ā  Not sure why the Alumni Association would be sending out announcements fort these events/

Ā 

I'm sad I cannot attend the Meet & Greet, but I hope it's a good crowd and gets behind Coach.

6 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Ā 

Because they should. Any school event open to the public should 1000% be an Alumni Event. It's how you set up pipelines and get the money flowing in.Ā 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

This is [one of] the problem at UB. Everything stays siloed.

So the UB Distinguished Speaker Series at UB should also be sent out through the UB Men's Basketball Email list?Ā  If they did, I'd unsubscribe.

I already get emails from UB Athletics, UB Men's Basketball, UB Women's Basketball, UB Office of Alumni Engagement, UB Ticket Office, UB Engineering, among many others.Ā  Ā I don't need more emails.

The UB Office of Alumni Engagement did send out an email in March about the MAC Tournament.Ā 

Yes, it would be nice if there was a way to "opt in" to these lists. But, if you're really interested in UB sports, you'd just need to follow this forum!!

5 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

So the UB Distinguished Speaker Series at UB should also be sent out through the UB Men's Basketball Email list?Ā lol clearly what we're advocating for...

I already get emails from UB Athletics, UB Men's Basketball, UB Women's Basketball, UB Office of Alumni Engagement, UB Ticket Office, UB Engineering, among many others.Ā  Ā I don't need more emails.

The UB Office of Alumni Engagement did send out an email in March about the MAC Tournament.Ā 

Yes, it would be nice if there was a way to "opt in" to these lists. But, if you're really interested in UB sports, you'd just need to follow this forum!!

Are you telling me the alumni office doesn't have access to donor/affinity data which could enable sending a segmented email to interested/active alumni+ donors?

7 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Are you telling me the alumni office doesn't have access to donor/affinity data which could enable sending a segmented email to interested/active alumni+ donors?

My point being, you want the Alumni Association to send out emails about UB Basketball. By your logic, UB Basketball should be sending out emails about UB (e.g. Distinguished Speaker Series).

Have you tried to login to your "UB Direct" account and make sure you have access to the UB Bulls Email information?Ā  The link is "ub-connect.com".Ā  Ā There are instructions on how to register and how to sign-in. You can then go to your profile and select which types of emails you want to receive from UB.

Back to the original point, you will have many opportunities going forward to meet the new coach.Ā Ā 

Edited by bullsbball

11 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

So the UB Distinguished Speaker Series at UB should also be sent out through the UB Men's Basketball Email list?Ā  If they did, I'd unsubscribe.

Ā 

4 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

UB has Alumni has very high net worth people. They have no idea this forum exists. They also don't care it exists, will put no effort into visiting this forum, nor think about it ever.Ā 

What they do have is money that they are willing to spend. We need to do much better outreach. A meet and greet with the new Mens Basketball coach isn't a Men's Basketball event. That is thinking mid to low major. It should be considered a major university event and treat as such.Ā 

6 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

My point being, you want the Alumni Association to send out emails about UB Basketball. By your logic, UB Basketball should be sending out emails about UB (e.g. Distinguished Speaker Series).

No, because there are logical hierarchies. The Alumni list should send out news regarding major events across the university, including the hiring of a new head basketball coach. The more specialized lists, such as athletics, should only send out news specific to their area of interest, so no Distinguished Speaker SeriesĀ 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, everlast2504 said:

Ā 

UB has Alumni has very high net worth people. They have no idea this forum exists. They also don't care it exists, will put no effort into visiting this forum, nor think about it ever.Ā 

What they do have is money that they are willing to spend. We need to do much better outreach. A meet and greet with the new Mens Basketball coach isn't a Men's Basketball event. That is thinking mid to low major. It should be considered a major university event and treat as such.Ā 

You do realize that I also received an email from the Director of Annual Giving and Stewardship about the Meet and Greet with the Coach on Wednesday (4/12). I'm sure that the people with more money than me have also received this email.

Don't worry, if you have money, UB will find you and want a part of it.

Edited by bullsbball

On 4/10/2023 at 12:50 PM, everlast2504 said:

Ā 

I'll have you know that I won $12.60 on the Blazers/Warriors game, so yes, high net worth people do know this forum exists.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2