On 4/7/2023 at 7:37 AM, trueblue32 said:

Head Coach: George Halcovage III
Associate Head Coach: STILL TBD
Assistant Coach: Hamlet Tibbs
Assistant Coach: Calvin Cage
Director of Basketball Operations: Tim Saunders
Video Coordinator: Jack Fitzpatrick

3 minutes ago, BullBoy said:

It's kind of a perfect position to retain someone from the old staff.  Has a relationship with the players and knows the MAC very well, but is still young enough to learn from the new staff!

I'm good with this retention. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jake Presutti Added to Men’s Basketball Staff as Assistant Coach<br><br>🔗: <a href="https://t.co/0eZ7apoZ3N">https://t.co/0eZ7apoZ3N</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UBhornsUP?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#UBhornsUP</a>🤘 <a href="https://t.co/2s02BRmGGp">pic.twitter.com/2s02BRmGGp</a></p>&mdash; UB Men&#39;s Basketball (@UBmenshoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/UBmenshoops/status/1646238567218159616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by BullBoy

Looks like the staff is complete, named as Assistant Coach. SU Player, P5 coaching and support positions, NY native.

Jake Presutti joined the Pitt Basketball staff in Oct. of 2021 and enters his second season as Assistant Athletic Director of Scouting after spending the previous seven seasons on the staff at Marquette.

Presutti began his tenure at Marquette as video coordinator before being elevated to director of basketball operations and video coordinator in 2017 and
assistant coach in 2019.

In his role with the Panthers, Presutti will provide oversight and management for all aspects of scouting videos as well as team and student-athlete operations communication and development. This includes film exchange, video capture, editing, production, equipment maintenance, and related support for coaches‚ and student-athletes use. He will also serve as the primary liaison to areas such as academics, student-athlete housing, financial aid, equipment, and team travel logistics.

A former men’s basketball player at Syracuse, Presutti served as special assistant for the USA Basketball Men’s National Team. His work with USA Basketball included film evaluation and statistical analysis of the player pools for both the USA Men’s National Team and the USA Select Team.

Presutti spent two seasons (2011-13) at Eastern Michigan University, where he served under former Syracuse assistant coach Rob Murphy as the Director of Player Development. With the Eagles, he was responsible for film exchange, video edits and complete scouting reports for each opponent.

Presutti joined the EMU program after working with the NBA’s Houston Rockets as an assistant in basketball operations. His duties for the Rockets included video breakdown as well as reports on all college and international draft eligible prospects and NBA trade targets.

Presutti, a native of Belmont, N.Y., was originally a walk-on at Syracuse before earning a scholarship. He completed his bachelor’s degree in child and family studies in 2008.

Presutti worked as a support staff member in multiple national basketball trials beginning in 2007 and in 2009 he worked at the USA Basketball World University Games and the USA Basketball U19 Trials. He also served time as the video coordinator for the Canadian Men’s National Team at the FIBA Americas Championship in 2009.

He then returned to Syracuse as a graduate men’s basketball manager in 2009-10. His duties at Syracuse included working closely with the coaching staff on opponent scouting reports, opponent film breakdown and assisting with practice sessions.

Presutti attended Genesee Valley High School, where he played soccer, basketball and baseball as a prep. He won several awards in his basketball playing career, being named the 2004 Great Eight League Player of the Year, the 2004 Big 30 Player of the Year, was a third-team all-state selection and the 2004 Section V Most Valuable Player. His high school was the 2002, 2003 and 2004 Section V basketball champions. The soccer and baseball teams were also Section V champions in 2003.

Presutti and his wife Brittany were married in July of 2012 and the couple has three sons, Lincoln, Theodore and Grant.

So no veteran AC on staff. Interesting approach. I suppose GH has a lot of experience for a first time HC, but this will be something to keep an eye on. I like Presutti's resume.

4 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Presutti and his wife Brittany were married in July of 2012 and the couple has three sons, Lincoln, Theodore and Grant.

Haha that's bad ass.

6 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

So no veteran AC on staff. Interesting approach. I suppose GH has a lot of experience for a first time HC, but this will be something to keep an eye on.

It seems like Jay Wright was mentoring him as a HC-to-be for a while now. On paper this feels like a coach ready to lead his program and filled a staff with guys who are complementary instead of those that provide program experience/guidance.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

It seems like Jay Wright was mentoring him as a HC-to-be for a while now. On paper this feels like a coach ready to lead his program and filled a staff with guys who are complementary instead of those that provide program experience/guidance.

I agree with you. I think he brought in young energy, heir apparent on staff perhaps, good recruiters and guys from P5 backgrounds. We have good geographic coverage with the staff as well (at least for the areas we should likely be targeting). Seems like HC GH3 is ready to lead and doesn't need a babysitter on the bench. I'm ready for this. Now let's see the recruiting trail heat up!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

It also helps a lot that he does have Jay Wright on speed dial. 

22 minutes ago, Chet said:

Sounds like the offense may look a lot like Villanova's. One thing that stood out to me today are the ages of the coaches. We will definitely have the youngest staff and possibly the youngest HC in the MAC. 

Loved the energy, I like his vision and I thought his comments on current players was good. Either encourage them and have them fit in your system or help them find a better fit. I'm very encouraged by this guy.

Really nice event with around 100 people in attendance. Will listen back to hear GH's comments, sound was tough in person.

Halcovage - seems truly excited to be getting his shot. Not sure how much of that has to do with UB itself, but I don't really care. He's ready to go.

Tibbs - friendly guy, has good connections, hitting the road recruiting asap. Said they're looking for culture fits, mature guys, as much as talent.

Cage - awesome guy. Warmed up to me when I mentioned Dickinson, said that's who helped kick off his coaching career. Said we'd have a chance except Kansas has a million dollar NIL deal on the table lol.

Presutti - very polished, personable. Was excited about my Sabres goathead hat, asked where he can get one. Said his three boys are big Bills fans and are all excited to be here. He might be the first man on the bench.

Saunders - bright young guy, seems excited for the chance to make something happen here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3