Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Congrats Justin Marshall, Desmond Bessent & James Patterson!

• promotherobot changed the title to Congrats Justin Marshall & James Patterson!
  • promotherobot changed the title to Congrats Justin Marshall, Desmond Bessent & James Patterson!
On 5/2/2023 at 11:39 AM, bowz said:

I thought a few more guys would have got a shot (and maybe they still will).  Specifically Elijah Blades and Quian Williams..

Blades had some baggage, but definitely surprised that Quian and Jahmin Muse didn't get any action. With both XFL and USFL now, I wonder if more guys like them have a chance to prove themselves for next season. 

Will be interesting to see the turnover in those leagues each year as a whole new "class" becomes available 

1 hour ago, ukbro00 said:

Blades had some baggage, but definitely surprised that Quian and Jahmin Muse didn't get any action. With both XFL and USFL now, I wonder if more guys like them have a chance to prove themselves for next season. 

Will be interesting to see the turnover in those leagues each year as a whole new "class" becomes available 

I wonder if any of the guys that skipped the Bowl Experience regret the decision to “prepare for the NFL draft”. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bessent was not signed after the Chicago Rookie camp...  The Bills signed a few player after their Rookie camp but it appears that Patterson was not signed.

Former Bulls, Kyle Vantrease got a couple looks with the Colts and Buccaneers and Eric Black with the Giants.  I'm not seeing that either were signed.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, bowz said:

Bessent was not signed after the Chicago Rookie camp...  The Bills signed a few player after their Rookie camp but it appears that Patterson was not signed.

Former Bulls, Kyle Vantrease got a couple looks with the Colts and Buccaneers and Eric Black with the Giants.  I'm not seeing that either were signed.

There's always the XFL and USFL next year.

General take on those other football leagues like the XFL and USFL…why do people/owners think those leagues are ever a good idea to start? Do they really think they’ll make money and bring in a ton of fans? Seems like a failure every time when we give them 1 or 2 seasons then they’re done and then some other dumb owner repeats the same failure again. If it’s not the NFL or College FB it’s not going to do well. Not rocket science.

7 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

General take on those other football leagues like the XFL and USFL…why do people/owners think those leagues are ever a good idea to start? Do they really think they’ll make money and bring in a ton of fans? Seems like a failure every time when we give them 1 or 2 seasons then they’re done and then some other dumb owner repeats the same failure again. If it’s not the NFL or College FB it’s not going to do well. Not rocket science.

The original USFL was actually making it as a spring football league.  Then a moron forced the league to sue the NFL for violation of the Anti-Trust laws.  The league won $1.00 which was trebled all the way up to $3.00.

That same moron just lost a $5,000.000.00 jury verdict in the same court last week.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:30 PM, MKBullsfan said:

What's different this time is the TV networks launched these leagues. ESPN/ABC with the XFL, and Fox/NBC with the USFL. They want the content. Then there's gambling.

I don't know if both leagues continue separately or merge at some point but spring football is here to stay.

On 5/17/2023 at 5:15 PM, promotherobot said:

What's different this time is the TV networks launched these leagues. ESPN/ABC with the XFL, and Fox/NBC with the USFL. They want the content. Then there's gambling.

I don't know if both leagues continue separately or merge at some point but spring football is here to stay.

I guess we’ll see about that. I counted a hundred maybe fans in the seats at a recent game and I think it was their Super Bowl game too. Plus who would gamble on this level of football?

I give it one more year before they shut it down and replace spring football with Cornhole for good. 

11 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

I guess we’ll see about that. I counted a hundred maybe fans in the seats at a recent game and I think it was their Super Bowl game too. Plus who would gamble on this level of football?

I give it one more year before they shut it down and replace spring football with Cornhole for good. 

People will gamble on anything. 

On 5/18/2023 at 10:55 PM, MKBullsfan said:

Are you taking about the XFL championship last Saturday? They had more than a few hundred people there. 22,754 was the announced attendance.

https://xflboard.com/xfl-attendance/

Maybe you were watching the USFL.

• Like 1

XSL w

On 5/18/2023 at 10:55 PM, MKBullsfan said:

XFL was a really good product this year, and a pleasure to bet on. 

USFL is now a second rate spring league, becasue XFL got the head start this year and timed the schedule better with the NFL off-season schedule. I do think there is only room for one spring league, and XFL has much better backers. 

11 hours ago, ukbro00 said:

XSL w

XFL was a really good product this year, and a pleasure to bet on. 

USFL is now a second rate spring league, becasue XFL got the head start this year and timed the schedule better with the NFL off-season schedule. I do think there is only room for one spring league, and XFL has much better backers. 

I agree. The XFL was just a better watch. Gotta hand it to the Rock and his ex wife Danny Garcia. 

• 4 weeks later...