Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Diovion Famakinde

Dabulls

Diovion Middleton-Famakinde. From the Bronx. Played a post grad year at Hargrave Military in Virginia this year. Played PSA Cardinals AAU on the EYBL circuit, so I imagine our staff has seen him for a couple years. Sidebar, I really hope we get involved with his AAU teammate Jayden Reid. Would be a star PG at the MAC level. 

Collecting strong-bodied wings and shooters so far. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Diovion Middleton-Famakinde. From the Bronx. Played a post grad year at Hargrave Military in Virginia this year. Played PSA Cardinals AAU on the EYBL circuit, so I imagine our staff has seen him for a couple years. Sidebar, I really hope we get involved with his AAU teammate Jayden Reid. Would be a star PG at the MAC level. 

Collecting strong-bodied wings and shooters so far. 

Was thinking the same thing about his teammate, is being pursued heavily by SMU. Tibbs is currently following him on twitter 

Edited by Dabulls
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Was thinking the same thing about his teammate, is being pursued heavily by SMU. Tibbs is currently following him on twitter 

He's a perfect fit, classic NYC point. Could hand him the keys from day one. I'd think Halcovage's work with Brunson and Archidiacano would be a strong selling point.

I see the SMU offer and a visit last weekend, unfortunately looks like things might be trending that way.

Edited by MuchMany

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

Nice!

Really interesting team being built, it's going to be a unique style for the Mac in my opinion. Lots of players that will be able to guard multiple positions 

He is basically building interchangeable components, very much like Villanova. Still feels like we need a floor general. That may be a JUCO player 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

He is basically building interchangeable components, very much like Villanova. Still feels like we need a floor general. That may be a JUCO player 

Is Anquan Boldin jr a PG? HC could be trying to become positionless  

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

It really doesn’t matter about interchangeable we need players that can make the three take it to the basket, rebound and most importantly defend. So basically UB Bulls needs everything. Weather the players are interchangeably doesn’t matter Buffalo fans just want UB Bulls basketball not to suck. It’s not that hard when one thinks about it coach George Halcovage has this year and next than there is the door to the unemployment line. Regardless of the woulda, coulda, shoulda from some on this board. We will know by year one weather George Halcovage is going to make it or not at UB as a head coach. I have no idea but the odds are most likely against coach Halcovage with the NIL package UB Bulls basketball is offering he is going to have to be really creative and be a great basketball mind. I love UB Bulls but I wouldn’t take this coaching job because of the restrictions of NIL makes it a heavy lift compared to when Bobby Hurley and Nate Oats were here at UB a few years ago because NIL has changed the landscape of college basketball.

Your basically at the point where if you’re a up and coming head coach where let’s say you are getting $300,000 roughly salary a year. Where you say I can live on $50,000 and take the other $250,000 for NIL to get some players to save my career as a head coach from the university and the alumni stupidity when it comes to NIL. That is probably what I would do at any of these local Big 4 schools playing for the next big payday like Rick Pitino who was already a rich man at Iona Gaels MAAC then getting personal reward after I make UB, Canisius, Niagara or St Bonaventure win that is the smart decision. Like a coaching salary deferment of money. Because I am not going down my coaching career because of these schools cheap stupidity of the school and alumni base. Self preservation as a head coach buy the players the Rick Pitino way. But, but BSF Rick Pitino did wonders at Iona Gaels MAAC ok I have some Florida swamp land to sell you if one thinks it’s his intellect as a head coach of why Iona Gaels won the MAAC. I think what I said is what Rick Pitino did for the pot of gold Big East Conference money head coaching job at St John’s in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up

• admin pinned this topic
  • Jeseph unpinned this topic