Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Daemen @ UB - 10/23 - 7 PM / Start of the GH III Era

DocCas86

The first glimpse into the George Halcovage III era.  

https://ubbulls.com/news/2023/10/20/mens-basketball-bulls-host-daemen-in-exhibition-on-monday-evening.aspx

I figure I would get things started.  Hoping Monday night begins the process to get UB back to the top of the MAC and ultimately back into the NCAA tournament.  Based on past threads I guess the target would be three years. 

Maybe they wanted to make sure everyone on the team was mentioned, but I wonder the fact that they called out Graham is a good sign???

Edited by DocCas86

15 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Light roster, only 10 players

Excited to see them in action and for college basketball to start back up 

There are actually 12 players, they are all listed in the article. For some reason Graham and McVeigh are not noted in the Players mentioned section.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Hopefully the team is locked in because a division 2 team in Augusta beat Georgia Southern yesterday

Yeah a loss would not be a good look for start of Halcovage head coach stint.  Georgia Southern lost to Augusta who is ranked #22 in D2, a little stiffer test than Daemen.

3 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Yeah a loss would not be a good look for start of Halcovage head coach stint.  Georgia Southern lost to Augusta who is ranked #22 in D2, a little stiffer test than Daemen.

Daemen isn’t a bad D2 team. They were 20-8/12-4 last year and their HC has 100+ more wins than losses while there. Certainly we should handle them, but not a walkover if we don’t play well. Should be a good mental test if nothing else.

our previous teams didn’t always show up for games we “should” win. I would like to see that change.

Edited by UBinMD

26 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Daemen isn’t a bad D2 team. They were 20-8/12-4 last year and their HC has 100+ more wins than losses while there. Certainly we should handle them, but not a walkover if we don’t play well. Should be a good mental test if nothing else.

our previous teams didn’t always show up for games we “should” win. I would like to see that change.

I agree Daemen is not a pushover.  I saw them ranked around 100s, so they are a bit below Augusta at 22.

2 hours ago, UBlearns said:

Any further word as to whether this will actually be on ESPN+?  I just checked the upcoming schedule and still nothing showing for tonight.

I think I was mistaken.  I will likely try one last time for video, but suspect it may be only audio for those of us who are not local and going to the game

Edited by DocCas86

32 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Just googled live stream and I get these results. I clicked on link and there is a redirect.  Almost like there was a change of having on espn+.  Weird.  Still thinking not going to be able to watch. Screenshot_20231023-1658462.thumb.png.cbf96facfbf8f4216b068169788b424a.png

I see a link on ESPN+ for the Women's game at 2pm (10/28), but nothing for tonight. Disappointing.

4 minutes ago, Ubbullsfan09 said:

Just said on the radio broadcast that James Graham’s eligibility is still in question so he’s sitting out 

Guess that is one answer we won't get tonight.  Maybe some details from Halcovage prior to game.

Edited by DocCas86

Hard to tell listening only - but seems like the first half went about as expected - some good signs, like Fulcher with 1 turnover and 10 points playing 18 minutes.  Three point shooting at 4-10 was also good.  Turnovers were a problem - but that is not all that unexpected.  Hoping Chatman can stay on the court and show what he can do.  Curious to hear other impressions.

9 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Hard to tell listening only - but seems like the first half went about as expected - some good signs, like Fulcher with 1 turnover and 10 points playing 18 minutes.  Three point shooting at 4-10 was also good.  Turnovers were a problem - but that is not all that unexpected.  Hoping Chatman can stay on the court and show what he can do.  Curious to hear other impressions.

I’m listening too, similar impression. It sounds like Boldin could be a bright star for us. It was nice hearing Williamson is showing things in practice, hopefully he can contribute. Fulcher sounded good on the radio 😂. I’m hoping Chapman is not a fouler like Jo Smith was last year. I don’t think we can handle much foul trouble with our limited roster. I also liked to hear that our FT shooting may be a strength. It’s been a while since we could say that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I’m listening too, similar impression. It sounds like Boldin could be a bright star for us. It was nice hearing Williamson is showing things in practice, hopefully he can contribute. Fulcher sounded good on the radio 😂. I’m hoping Chapman is not a fouler like Jo Smith was last year. I don’t think we can handle much foul trouble with our limited roster. I also liked to hear that our FT shooting may be a strength. It’s been a while since we could say that.

I just looked at Chatman's career stats - he has averaged ~2 PF per game - so hoping tonight is a bit of an aberration.

• Thanks 1