Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB WBB @ NIU 7pm

Not sure how I feel about this game. Got the win which can’t be discounted especially on the road but man it was ugly. Lots of things to work on starting with FTs. Freshman KLW and Davis did a good job drawing fouls but  combined 6-14 will cost a game. I’m sure Coach Burke and staff will have that conversation. The ball moment was good the first quarter but after that it was almost nonexistent. They defended the 3pt line really well only 4 made NIU avg 8 3pt makes a game. Build off this and be ready for Western Michigan Saturday 

11 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Watson has been as good as advertised. A bit of a rough shooting night at 10/30, but has now scored 20+ in 8 straight games while shooting >50% from the field in 5 of those.  

Do agree. Any win on the road is a positive. A lot of positives - only 9 turnovers, winning the rebounding battle, getting 9 steals, a decent game from Lopez and Johnson. Ogden still in a funk going 0-5 and not scoring and the free throw shooting from Lewis-Williams and Davis has to improve in order for us to beat the top teams. This team continues to battle through some tough moments in games. Looking forward to our next home games and see if they can continue their improvement. Do like this coaching staff who seems to engage the players on a positive side. Go Bulls!!!

Good win, able to watch the 3rd and 4th quarters and read afterwards first win in DeKalb since 2004 (?) could this be true?? And second road win in a row. Watson is a straight bucket and look out once Ogden and hit a 3 with even somewhat consistency, 0-5 tonight - oof. 

2 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Seems odd to read about troubles with free throws.  That was always a MBB problem, and not so much with WBB.  Gotta get that straightened out.  It could be the difference in a close game.

Watson (77.4%) and Rana (87.9%) are pretty solid. Ogden is ok at 70%. Davis (56.9%) and KLW (64.8%) need to continue to improve on that. This stat, however, doesn't show the lost opportunities of the missed front end of 1 and 1s, which really leaves a lot of points on the court. Our inside presence is really starting to do well, so they are going to get to the line a lot and we need to cash on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rma said:

Is our lack of a Raising Cane's hurting our recruiting?

My 24 page analysis will be finalized shortly

I have one 10 minutes from my house. If that's the  difference maker, I'll start shipping boxes up to the ladies!!

• Like 1