Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB Potpourri...

Sensing a real emerging interest in UB football on the board.  Hope springs eternal?

So, two questions:

1) anyone go and meet Coach Lembo this past week?  If so, impressions?  Insights?

2) when does spring practice start?  Guesses/info on the Spring Game?

3) I know I said "two questions", but I changed my mind....any QB candidate updates from those of you in the know; or from those who want to take a wild-ass guess?

Go Bulls!

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

I think the coach said that it is tentative for April 20th.

I thought I heard April 27, because I will be out of town, so I won't be able to go.

I am curious about Gunnar Gray, he looked very good in the spring game last year. He didn't appear last season, so he could have 2 years of eligibility left. Ogbonna I think can be a change of pace guy like he was last season, especially if we can get improved OL play. I'm being told that Lembo prefers leaner, quicker OL players that can run the spread, so that could open better lanes. I'm still expecting another QB out of the portal, but maybe the new OC feels they have the answer on the roster. Time will tell...

On 2/10/2024 at 9:16 AM, verandaman said:

Sensing a real emerging interest in UB football on the board.  Hope springs eternal?

So, two questions:

1) anyone go and meet Coach Lembo this past week?  If so, impressions?  Insights?

Truthfully, I think the interest is that it's no longer MO.  

My gut read is that Pete Lembo is a program builder and isn’t going to bring UB the wow factor recruits wise quick fix like Maurice Linquist. Our UB recruits are going to be down the bottom of the MAC rankings if I had to guess under Pete Lembo. But by the looks of it more try hard guys. Which is huge in the MAC. At times the last three years under Maurice Linquist his players didn’t try hard for four quarters they take quarters off and it cost us from what I saw. I just get a better feel with Pete Lembo what he is doing. I also like that he is recruiting the Eastern Seaboard again for UB that Maurice Linquist got away from. I believe Pete Lembo will be very successful at UB. To me very successful is MAC bowls that is all I care about bowling yearly it’s important for player development that whole extra month of practice. If Pete Lembo isn’t successful I would be surprised. And wonder where to go from there if UB Bulls football isn’t successful under Pete Lembo in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Just got an email from Athletics.  The Spring Game is April 27th.  That is what you get for working and trying to listen to an online call.

The change in date frees Lamonte Bearden up if he wanted to attend.

• Haha 1

Lamonte Bearden was under head coach Nate Oats. Then Nate Oats threw him off the team I believe for smoking too much weed was the rumor he was high as sky too much back in the day. I know there are some prominent UB alums that were very judgmental with Nate Oats after what happened in Alabama. I don’t know what happened in Alabama but to paint Nate Oats as this bad coach or person was completely unfair. Nate Oats tries to do the right thing. If he was this bad person who didn’t care he would have let Lamonte Bearden stay on the UB basketball team. So completely unfair to put the blame on Nate Oats for what happened at Alabama. The Nate Oats I saw at UB tried to do the right thing in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up