Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Khalil Mack: UB Athletics HOF induction

I may be wrong, but I’m guessing UB will find a way to honor Mack’s induction at a later date when he can be there in person.   After all he has accomplished the most in his post-college career of any UB athlete all-time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, everlast2504 said:

you would think there would be some level of coordination with arguably one the most accomplished Atheltes to come out of UB for this?

Sounds reasonable. 

6 hours ago, everlast2504 said:

you would think there would be some level of coordination with arguably one the most accomplished Atheltes to come out of UB for this?

Who’s to say there wasn’t? He likely knew of this well before the official announcement. Devils advocate for the athletic dept here, KM has done little to nothing for UB. I’m unaware of any monetary gifts like so many MAC players have done, despite him being at one point the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. Not sure what his deal is but from the outside it looks like he could give a crap about anything going on in Buffalo. 

4 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Who’s to say there wasn’t? He likely knew of this well before the official announcement. Devils advocate for the athletic dept here, KM has done little to nothing for UB. I’m unaware of any monetary gifts like so many MAC players have done, despite him being at one point the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. Not sure what his deal is but from the outside it looks like he could give a crap about anything going on in Buffalo. 

You are 100% right.

9 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Was it just last year that he was here for the Spring Game or do I have my schedule mixed up? 

Correct.  While there he signed a number of items that Athletics has used in fundraising.

Edited by BrooklynBull
  • Like 1

Hopefully Coach Lembo can build a bridge to Kahlil, it would certainly be a big help just having him active with the team, regardless of the monetary component. It would be nice if he donated, but that is a personal thing so I am not going to call him out on that. Obviously Maxx currently has a different feeling towards EMU at this point.

• Like 1

Why should Khalil Mack be any different than the rest of the UB alums who leave WNY with complete apathy towards the University? There are plenty of alums with millions of dollars who don't contribute a dime to UB or its athletics programs. This is a UB problem, not a Khalil Mack problem. 

On 3/4/2024 at 12:24 PM, clodney said:

Why should Khalil Mack be any different than the rest of the UB alums who leave WNY with complete apathy towards the University? There are plenty of alums with millions of dollars who don't contribute a dime to UB or its athletics programs. This is a UB problem, not a Khalil Mack problem. 

It’s crushing, because the school is growing so much and turning into something big. If we could keep alumns loyal the MAC wouldn’t stand a chance. I’m going to miss it here when I’m gone, wish I had millions to give back.