Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Tyree Jackson’s future

admin

Even a day before the draft, some sites have Tyree getting drafted on day two (Rounds 2-3) and some peg him as a 5th or 6th rounder.  There's no consensus.  So I guess based on that, look for Tyree to get drafted in the 4th round!   I'm thinking Giants, Falcons or Buccaneers.

1 hour ago, zigo230 said:

Even a day before the draft, some sites have Tyree getting drafted on day two (Rounds 2-3) and some peg him as a 5th or 6th rounder.  There's no consensus.  So I guess based on that, look for Tyree to get drafted in the 4th round!   I'm thinking Giants, Falcons or Buccaneers.

I think some team will draft him in the 2-3 just because of his physical attributes. Watch out for the Broncos, Elway loves tall QBs. 

Im starting to get that feel too, that he will go earlier than expected. Even mid late 2nd round would not shock me. Even if his package and polish say hes rd 4-5, teams go nuts looking for a sleeper QB. Combined that with his physical attributes I think a team will take him earlier than expected out of fear of not getting him.

16 hours ago, SGBull said:

I think some team will draft him in the 2-3 just because of his physical attributes. Watch out for the Broncos, Elway loves tall QBs. 

That would be interesting.  When they list NFL comparisons I've seen Paxton Lynch named as a comparison for Tyree.  He was one of Elway's worst picks at 26th overall in 2016.  TJ could go to Denver but Elway won't reach to grab a project QB this time around.  

We can cross off the Giants for Tyree.  I guess it was wishful thinking (Giants addressing the QB position on Jackson after the 3rd round).

On that note.  What a horrible pick by the Giants on Jones.  You could have waited till the 2nd round.

2 hours ago, admin said:

We can cross off the Giants for Tyree.  I guess it was wishful thinking (Giants addressing the QB position on Jackson after the 3rd round).

On that note.  What a horrible pick by the Giants on Jones.  You could have waited till the 2nd round.

Sigh..... I would have loved Josh Allen

11 hours ago, MDBullsfan89 said:

Panthers are in the market for a backup QB to Newton. Reports say their preference is Will Grier from WVU but if they miss out on him, Tyree could be a good fit for them.

Well, Carolina got their man (Will Grier)...question now will be who is looking for a project?

12 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Maybe he should've stayed another year.

Tyree and his dad must have a knot in their stomachs right now. They probably got sold a line on TJs potential in the draft. The reality is all the QBs are sliding. It's a weak class and Jackson is in the lower half of the pack. Hope someone grabs him. Same goes for all the Bulls. It's been rough for AJ83 too.

4 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Tyree and his dad must have a knot in their stomachs right now. They probably got sold a line on TJs potential in the draft. The reality is all the QBs are sliding. It's a weak class and Jackson is in the lower half of the pack. Hope someone grabs him. Same goes for all the Bulls. It's been rough for AJ83 too.

The muscles down low must be getting tighter...

Fourth round is over and he's still there.  Definitely should have stayed his last year.  I said it during the MAC title game and the bowl games.  He hasn't shown the ability to lead a team when they are trailing.  His season ended horribly and its clearly hurting his stock.

Edited by nyquil

Bills have 2 7th round picks, Johnson/Jackson? :)

Tyree definitely got some bad advice, but based on what was read in the media I think even I thought he was going at worst 5th round. Seems his combine was very good and some started to think he might jump a couple rounds. Teams obviously didn't think this way.