Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB MAC Tournament. Round 2 vs Toledo

Incredible job by the ladies and the staff. Longest 10 seconds ever at the end there. But hats off to coach Burke for the complete roster overhaul then taking this team to the finals. We saw that she could build a year when we pushed Toledo and now we get redemption and move into the finals. One more!

45 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Brutal Q4 with seemingly 10 or 12 turnovers.  Brand new game. LFG Bulls! 🤘 

They had highlights on ESPN and I watched this.

That entry pass at the end of the 4th quarter.  If I didn't know there wasn't a foul on UB, I'd have been listening for the whistle.   

At any rate, on to the Finals!

Congrats WBB.

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Incredible job by the ladies and the staff. Longest 10 seconds ever at the end there. But hats off to coach Burke for the complete roster overhaul then taking this team to the finals. We saw that she could build a year when we pushed Toledo and now we get redemption and move into the finals. One more!

Not only a roster overhaul but really 2 recruiting classes as well! KLW, Davis and Lopez are going to be a force in a couple years. They got a ton of experience this year and will be better for it. Take got a redshirt year of playing with this group, so she may be a force off the bench next year. Ogden will be a Junior, Chellia gets her bonus grad season. This could be a little run.

On 3/13/2024 at 8:01 PM, Bluebird96 said:

Maybe we can catch the Rockets sleeping with the early start and send them home.  And here’s hoping Chellia haunts their nightmares all off-season with an encore to her 47-pt performance in Toledo 😆

Go Bulls! 🤘

I’d say 30 and the Win was a pretty good encore 😎

Poor Toledo.  Can you even imagine having both #1 seeds and not even a Finals appearance to show for it?  Maybe their women will make the WNIT as consolation 

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Agree!! Just an incredible win and team effort with very good games from Johnson, Ogden, Lopez and of course from our top players. The only negative is UB not being able to handle a full court press. Watching so much basketball all my life we have seen teams be able to handle a press. How much the coaches can teach these players will be very important for this year and the next. How much Rana can be a factor with her religious beliefs could spell the difference in tomorrow’s game. Again congrats to the entire team and Go Bulls!!!

3 hours ago, UB92 said:

They had highlights on ESPN and I watched this.

That entry pass at the end of the 4th quarter.  If I didn't know there wasn't a foul on UB, I'd have been listening for the whistle.   

At any rate, on to the Finals!

Congrats WBB.

Are their any postgame interviews with UB that we can pick up??

2 hours ago, John said:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5elpzmi5xg96lfta52218/G5_BUFFALO_PRESS_CONFERENCE.mp4?rlkey=myppyn89xggac1dy4nqz9oly4&dl=0

Watson was very clear she thought she was snubbed for POY while UB held Wiard who got POY to only 2pts!!!! I think KLW should have been 3rd team instead of honorable mention. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John said:

If you go to the on demand game on ESPN+ you can go to the end and hear the sideline interview with BB. Not sure if there are others.

FYI for viewers, the game is tomorrow at 11 on CBS SportsNet

6 hours ago, John said:

Agree!! Just an incredible win and team effort with very good games from Johnson, Ogden, Lopez and of course from our top players. The only negative is UB not being able to handle a full court press. Watching so much basketball all my life we have seen teams be able to handle a press. How much the coaches can teach these players will be very important for this year and the next. How much Rana can be a factor with her religious beliefs could spell the difference in tomorrow’s game. Again congrats to the entire team and Go Bulls!!!

I thought they were done at that point.

25 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I thought they were done at that point.

When Q4 started I thought to myself, it would be almost impossible for Toledo to come back from down 15.  Then they proceeded to wipe out the lead in under 5 minutes and UB couldn’t get a single possession past half court. To withstand that, go to OT, and still come away with the W tells a lot about this coaching  staff and this team.  ADMA better start thinking about an extension for BB before we lose another good one to the P5 poachers

Edited by Bluebird96
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

When Q4 started I thought to myself, it would be almost impossible for Toledo to come back from down 15.  Then they proceeded to wipe out the lead in under 5 minutes and UB couldn’t get a single possession past half court. To withstand that, go to OT, and still come away with the W tells a lot about this coaching  staff and this team.  ADMA better start thinking about an extension for BB before we lose another good one to the P5 poachers

If the Bulls win today, get ready for BB to move on.

33 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

She could take Chellia too since she is a grad. Davis and KLW would likely go too. If it happens, slide Jacey Brooks into the #1 chair 

4 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

She could take Chellia too since she is a grad. Davis and KLW would likely go too. If it happens, slide Jacey Brooks into the #1 chair 

She is also smart enough to see that the MAC is skewed against Buffalo, which makes FLJ even more amazing. You really have to have top players to overcome this. BB really needs to find athletic size. Davis is going to be ok, but to complete with Toledo, Ball St and Kent, we can’t continue with 5 guard lineups 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, promotherobot said:

I don’t think she moves on this year. She hasn’t won anything. Her value isn’t at its peak. Of anything this bodes well for securing a raise. UB better make it a high buyout.

41 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Do they have that for women? Not joking. Legit question. Are those tournaments even still around for the men?

Yeah there's a few of them. I don't know if we get an invite since we're upper 100's NET, it'll be close. Assuming they're pay to play like the men's versions are, there's still value in playing those this year with this young roster.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, rma said:

Yeah there's a few of them. I don't know if we get an invite since we're upper 100's NET, it'll be close. Assuming they're pay to play like the men's versions are, there's still value in playing those this year with this young roster.

The tournament may like them as a team. They are fun and competitive