Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB MAC tournament FINALS vs TBD

5 minutes ago, rma said:

Who are we pulling for in this second semifinals game? I got Kent State

But at the same time I almost want ball state, yes they battered us but we had nothing to play for and looked bored and learned how they play. However I have to say Kent because we saw how poorly UB handled the full court press from Toledo late. Ball does that all game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Doesn’t matter. Theoretically if you beat the one seed you can beat anyone. Both teams beat us twice in the regular season. Go Bulls!

Definitely. And let’s all agree that whatever happens tomorrow, win or lose, that we’re proud of this season and this group. Friendly reminder the MAC picked us to miss the tournament as 8th in the conference. Toledo was 10-2 favorites to win the tournament

• Like 2

I would expect a lot of full court pressure from Kent State to start the game.  It is something Coach Burke had to be working on with the team after what Ball State did to close the regular season and Toledo did to get back in the game in the fourth yesterday.

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

I would expect a lot of full court pressure from Kent State to start the game.  It is something Coach Burke had to be working on with the team after what Ball State did to close the regular season and Toledo did to get back in the game in the fourth yesterday.

So far they haven’t needed the press.  Bulls are making too many unforced turnovers 

Finally got some offense going.  A few misses inside the paint with the ball rolling off the rim and out.  Need to figure out how to deal with Kent’s size down low and prevent some of these easy buckets 

Edited by Bluebird96

Great season. Kent just got hot in the 2nd half. They've been a tough match up for us all season. Great to see the progress the team made from game 1 til the end. That's on the coach/staff, kudos to them. I wish 2 teams did that, but we all saw what we saw. Fingers crossed for next year,  since it starts now. Hopefully this womens roster will remain here and add a few pieces. Replacing #1 is a tall task, she was incredible, a leader in every sense. The men need someone like that. Without a leader, it's just spinning wheels. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Great season. Kent just got hot in the 2nd half. They've been a tough match up for us all season. Great to see the progress the team made from game 1 til the end. That's on the coach/staff, kudos to them. I wish 2 teams did that, but we all saw what we saw. Fingers crossed for next year,  since it starts now. Hopefully this womens roster will remain here and add a few pieces. Replacing #1 is a tall task, she was incredible, a leader in every sense. The men need someone like that. Without a leader, it's just spinning wheels. 

Valiant effort. You are what your numbers say you are. They were 180 in KenPom b4 today’s game. Proud of the run they made.

Sucks to have entered half time with the lead and then get blown out in the second half but I come away encouraged and knowing that we have a coach who can get us back to the tournament. Great second season for the ladies under coach Burke. Through all the turmoil and roster turnover. We were one half away.  But I’m confident we can continue to build and win a title soon.

• Like 2

Tough game too much size from Kent. There is nothing to be disappointed about this season at all. Runner up year 2 with an experienced roster to build off UB women’s basketball is going to be a problem for a while. I hope the get a WNIT or WBIT invite. 

• Like 2