Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2024 Transfer Interest

4 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I was thinking the staff was going to go for size with two remaining scholarships.  I wouldn't be surprised if UB is no longer in the mix.

Yeah I wasn't sure about that. The tweet is from the same day that the Dunn signing was announced, but UB could've have reached out to him a month before that for all we know.

27 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Armani Mighty - 6'10" C from Boston College. Has a visit to Towson and the Buffalo on Monday

Another player from Canada!  Didn't get much playing time in two years at BC.  BC just picked up Chad Venning from Bona. 

• Like 1

Good name, easy NIL possibilities with Mighty Taco 

To add, he was offered a scholarship from Vermont when he was coming out of highschool, likely from current UB assistant coach tibbs 

Edited by Tee4three
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2024 at 4:12 PM, Tee4three said:

Good name, easy NIL possibilities with Mighty Taco 

To add, he was offered a scholarship from Vermont when he was coming out of highschool, likely from current UB assistant coach tibbs 

I am pretty sure that as a Canadian he cannot get NIL money.  All foreign students, except possibly Canadians, cannot get NIL money because it is work.  They are only allowed in the country as students.

7 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

I am pretty sure that as a Canadian he cannot get NIL money.  All foreign students, except possibly Canadians, cannot get NIL money because it is work.  They are only allowed in the country as students.

Found this is an article that seems to agree with your assessment:

Despite making up nearly 12.8 per cent of all Division 1 NCAA athletes and 14 per cent of basketball players, foreign student-athletes are mostly unable to profit from NIL. That includes Canadians, who represent far and away the most NCAA athletes from any country outside the United States.

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

I'm unfamiliar with visas but aren't there other kinds of visas they could apply for?

What about being able to cross the boarder back into Canada so they could "work" - do you think this could be a loop hole around not having a work visa

I know Zach edey was able to get nil money when Purdue played in early season tournament not in the US two seasons ago

Nice pickup. I think he's clearly the best recruit of the GH3 era. Clear D1 size/athleticism at a position of need. Didn't get a ton of run at BC but they were a top 75 team with the frontcourt being their strength, so he may have just been buried.

Hopefully the staff finds another similar caliber transfer with the last scholarship

3 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

So one scholarship left, it would be fantastic if they can get someone that has shown they can score/bucket getter

Teams coming together nicely. I like the make up. Just seem to be missing a scorer 

I may be misguided - if we are going for Villanova model (48% of FGA from 3), then I think you go for someone with size who can shoot the 3.  Too bad we didn't have some NIL bucks to get Skogman back here!  Add that to Sabol, Boldin and Batchelor, and my vote for most improved Wilson and I think offensively this team will be improved.  

The concern I have is they have to improve defensively as well. 

12 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I may be misguided - if we are going for Villanova model (48% of FGA from 3), then I think you go for someone with size who can shoot the 3.  Too bad we didn't have some NIL bucks to get Skogman back here!  Add that to Sabol, Boldin and Batchelor, and my vote for most improved Wilson and I think offensively this team will be improved.  

The concern I have is they have to improve defensively as well. 

That kind of player would be a solid pick up as well

Might be nice to add a freshman point guard as well

They have a lot of possibilities with the last scholarship 

I'm more worried about offense just because it's tougher to be good on offense than it is to be good defensively

Defensively you will be fine as long as you put in the effort (and have some semblance of size)