Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Noah Batchelor

5 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Yes, was heavily recruited in HS. Held offers from Memphis, Florida and Clemson as well 

IMG_1557.jpeg

I know I keep adding but I watched a lot of his highlights because Syracuse had a ton of interest in him out of HS. He was known as a dead eye three point shooter who also had quite a bit of athleticism. Can be moved around from the SF to PF position depending on matchups. I know on paper his stats don’t jump off the page but this dude can ball

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

I know I keep adding but I watched a lot of his highlights because Syracuse had a ton of interest in him out of HS. He was known as a dead eye three point shooter who also had quite a bit of athleticism. Can be moved around from the SF to PF position depending on matchups. I know on paper his stats don’t jump off the page but this dude can ball

Did he and AJ overlap @ IMG?

Just now, MuchMany said:

An entire team of SFs...

Seems to be a decent talent that needs a fresh start. Was ranked #207 out of IMG by 247.

Legend has it he and AJ Boldin are friends, but didn't play on the same team.

3 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

An entire team of SFs...

Seems to be a decent talent that needs a fresh start. Was ranked #207 out of IMG by 247.

Some incomers like Jackson and Akot also play the SG position. We  need a PG and Center transfer next. Many players can be interchangeable on the floor 

19 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Some incomers like Jackson and Akot also play the SG position. We  need a PG and Center transfer next. Many players can be interchangeable on the floor 

I am perfectly happy with interchangeable pieces, especially if they can play defense and communicate 

Edited by UBinMD

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

Yes, was heavily recruited in HS. Held offers from Memphis, Florida and Clemson as well 

IMG_1557.jpeg

Anybody else hoping that AJ liking this means he won't be hitting the portal or am I reaching? 😅

They're more wings than guards. Akot and Jackson are college SFs from everything I've seen based on handle and height.

Boldin is the only one I'd call a true college SG. Adams, Graham, McVeigh, Wilson, Akot, Jackson, and now Batchelor are all forwards based on their lack of handle to me.

I get interchangeable pieces, but we're a roster without reliable PG play and without reliable big play at the moment. Waiting for those roles to be addressed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

They're more wings than guards. Akot and Jackson are college SFs from everything I've seen based on handle and height.

Boldin is the only one I'd call a true college SG. Adams, Graham, McVeigh, Wilson, Akot, Jackson, and now Batchelor are all forwards based on their lack of handle to me.

I get interchangeable pieces, but we're a roster without reliable PG play and without reliable big play at the moment. Waiting for those roles to be addressed.

I like having a ton of size but I totally get what you are saying, just having another PG who can also play the SG position would help a ton! We also do need a true center, we have height but not that type of height, unless Oboh is a complete stud we really need help there as well 

Really just another PG

I assume coach is aiming for a roster similar to what Villanova does where they have a big so they have the ability to play a more normal line up but will prefer to play a small line with 4 guys that are 6'8 and can switch and defend 1 through 5 

I want to like this signing but a guy who couldn’t get it done at Maryland averaging under 2 pts a game your hoping finds his way but I really wanted to see transfers that have had some success at other programs. To me this is more of a gamble with the hope he figures it out and change of scenery is good for him.  

12 minutes ago, Ubbulls84 said:

I want to like this signing but a guy who couldn’t get it done at Maryland averaging under 2 pts a game your hoping finds his way but I really wanted to see transfers that have had some success at other programs. To me this is more of a gamble with the hope he figures it out and change of scenery is good for him.  

Without NIL, I believe what you are hoping for is likely not attainable this year. Those guys are going to want a little action to make a move. Maybe our staff can lure someone with those qualification. for this signing i do like it and AJ having a friend on the team could help too.

This years team was obviously fractured and didn’t seem to like each other much. I would prefer a team that likes each other and wants to play together. I see these upsets with Oakland, Yale even Samford, etc. are groups where the sum is greater than its parts. That’s what we need to get back on track.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Side note, if they a true PG. I like the team for next a lot more than the team we just watched 

The depth alone is a drastic improvement 

I'm intrigued by the prospects we have coming in, but I feel like we're deeper at PG than big. Fulcher, Sabol, and even Boldin at point feels deeper than a raw unknown freshman Brit in Oboh and 6'6 Zaakir as our only bigs.

I get positionless ball but that's about as thin a frontcourt as I've seen.

Edited by MuchMany

43 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

I'm intrigued by the prospects we have coming in, but I feel like we're deeper at PG than big. Fulcher, Sabol, and even Boldin at point feels deeper than a raw unknown freshman Brit in Oboh and 6'6 Zaakir as our only bigs.

I get positionless ball but that's about as thin a frontcourt as I've seen.

I'm not as confident in sabol or boldin doing the heavy lifting at point behind fulcher. Solid secondary options on the floor or if the team is in foul trouble but to be the main I'd be worried. College basketball is a guards game

Would feel more confident in being able to scheme defensively to hide the lack of size

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tee4three said:

I'm not as confident in sabol or boldin doing the heavy lifting at point behind fulcher. Solid secondary options on the floor or if the team is in foul trouble but to be the main I'd be worried. College basketball is a guards game

Would feel more confident in being able to scheme defensively to hide the lack of size

I hear you on PG being a weak spot, especially because Adams (still on the team as of now) handled so much point. But inside we're replacing Sy and Jo with Oboh as things stand. We already had weak rim protection and suspect rebounding. Replacing a star and a vet role player with one unknown freshman is questionable.

PG: Fulcher

SG: Boldin, Sabol

Wing: Adams, Graham, Batchelor, Wilson, McVeigh, Jackson, Akot

PF: Williamson

C Oboh

It's just a very strange roster balance at this point with only one spot yet to fill.

• Like 4