Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Report: UB Men's Hoops Player Involved in Stabbing

Jeseph

6 hours ago, Ivantheturrible said:

Is Malik Zachery still part of the team? I haven’t heard anything about him or his case in awhile, was really hoping to see him play this year at some point. 

I was wondering the same thing reading the thread in WMU game about misses on guard recruiting.  If he is still on the team, I would consider him an incomplete as we don't know what he brings.  He is still listed on team roster.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Just an ugly situation. I’m all for second chances, I’m all for standing by someone in a difficult situation but this continues to push the limits. From potential jail time to multiple shoulder operations. At what point do we cut our losses?

The cut losses come after the judgement comes down in my opinion

It's really a strange story, on one hand its a crazy stabbing but on the other it really does sound like a bar fight that escalated to heights it never should have gotten too (but that will happen when someone is scared for their life)

Then you have the player that was stabbed and his family asking for jail time which makes it sound like it was much more than an escalated bar fight

So who knows what the truth is sadly 

5 hours ago, Tee4three said:

So who knows what the truth is sadly 

This is true.  I hope he is able to recover from this at some point, but this latest bit of news is not sounding good from UB basketball perspective.

Edited by DocCas86

On 3/26/2021 at 6:19 AM, DocCas86 said:

This is true.  I hope he is able to recover from this at some point, but this latest bit of news is not sounding good from UB basketball perspective.

On 3/26/2021 at 12:29 AM, DooleyBull06 said:

Just an ugly situation. I’m all for second chances, I’m all for standing by someone in a difficult situation but this continues to push the limits. From potential jail time to multiple shoulder operations. At what point do we cut our losses?

Here's the deal ... if this goes to trial then ALL the players involved in the game, if not the fight, could be called as witneses. Not a good look for either player or either school.

• 1 month later...