Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Interest List - 2021, 2022, and 2023

Kevin

2 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Any speculation on transfers? Haven’t seen or heard anything. Really need a PG to pair with Fulcher. I’d love to see Willie Lightfoot come home. He played decently in limited minutes. He’d fit perfectly with coach trying to grow a team over time. 

Saw pressuti, Famakinde and Zaakir follow him on Instagram . Might not mean a whole lot though 

Edited by Dabulls

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

Saw pressuti, Famakinde and Zaakir follow him on Instagram . Might not mean a whole lot though 

Could be just he is or was in town and looking to play pick up or get in a higher quality game than just a normal gym 

But his game resembles more of what the new staff looks for than the previous one in my opinion 

Edited by Tee4three
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

Any speculation on transfers? Haven’t seen or heard anything. Really need a PG to pair with Fulcher. I’d love to see Willie Lightfoot come home. He played decently in limited minutes. He’d fit perfectly with coach trying to grow a team over time. 

Only other name I have seen was Kyree Brown.  I am eager to see the last two commits.

16 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Could be just he is or was in town and looking to play pick up or get in a higher quality game than just a normal gym 

But his game resembles more of what the new staff looks for than the previous one in my opinion 

His upside is huge. I could also see Coach grabbing another JUCO or even a d2 guy. It’s getting a bit late so I’m hoping we have an announcement soon 

26 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

His upside is huge. I could also see Coach grabbing another JUCO or even a d2 guy. It’s getting a bit late so I’m hoping we have an announcement soon 

It's almost to the point I bet they know who the last 2 spots are for or if they carry one to next season

Maybe waiting for a player to finish up some classes or something 

• Like 1

So we have 9 offers out to the class of 2024 right now. Chatman is the only one in his last year of eligibility this year. I think Halcovage is casting a wide net, but it also makes me think he expects 2-3 transfers after this season. Could be any of this year's incoming frosh, but also Adams, Jones, and Smith could be close to grad transferring depending on their coursework.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

So we have 9 offers out to the class of 2024 right now. Chatman is the only one in his last year of eligibility this year. I think Halcovage is casting a wide net, but it also makes me think he expects 2-3 transfers after this season. Could be any of this year's incoming frosh, but also Adams, Jones, and Smith could be close to grad transferring depending on their coursework.

Also, depends how he fills the last 2 current scholarships. If they are 1 year rentals, that is 3 spots for next season, including Chatman's spot.

17 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Also, depends how he fills the last 2 current scholarships. If they are 1 year rentals, that is 3 spots for next season, including Chatman's spot.

Good call. Either way I'm very happy to just be getting news updates on recruiting activity with this staff. 

6 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Good call. Either way I'm very happy to just be getting news updates on recruiting activity with this staff. 

Agree 100%. One of my complaints with the previous regime was the deafening silence during the season and the offseason. It's hard for a fanbase to stay engaged without some level of communication. Do love seeing the photos with past, successful Bulls. It's as great as seeing Kahlil Mack at the Spring Game. That's how tradition is built.

Edited by UBinMD
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Pulled this data from Verbal Commits to see the landscape of the MAC. I sorted it by open offers to the current HS junior class as that stood out to me the most. I know our staff hasn't even been here for a full year, but they had a full summer and now nearly a full HS season to evaluate. Why do we offer so few kids? For 2025, we have one commit (hand-delivered from DC by Cage) and three offers (one of which was made by the previous staff). We're also one of three to not have an offer out to 2026 yet.

A possible explanation could be the staff is looking more to the transfer portal after a big freshman class that I imagine was challenging to assemble. Also they likely know that next season has to be much better for job security's sake, so more established talent is preferred.

image.thumb.png.b2fde8d0ae797950b61b7fda9988ecf2.png

• Like 1