Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach Out - Mo Linguist

Bill

40 minutes ago, HomeyG said:

Wilsons both to Kansas. Trevor and Eddie

These kids leaving UB to go to a team that might win 1 game. 

Don’t want anyone on the team that doesn’t want to be a part of it, but people make strange decisions sometimes.

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

Obviously big losses, but i feel that we’ll be fine this season. Maybe not as good as last season, but top tier Mac is what i expect. I’d be happy with that considering all the transfers and coaching turnover.  I have all the faith in the world in these coaches from what I’ve seen. 

I expect our new coaches to fill in the holes and bring in quality players. Did Lance promise Trevor that he would bring his brothers in too? Isn't that what Trevor was looking for?

I get Eddie and Trevor going to Kansas following the coaches, that’s fine. It’s just Kansas from UB is a step down probably. They develop nfl talent at about the same level as us, maybe even less than us. They get to play against big 12 talent, but will probably lose almost every game. Idk I’m indifferent about it. Good luck to them, but they probably have the same opportunity here, maybe even a better one here. 

Would love to get WR Artie Henry from Marshall at least for experience. Can bring that speed Wilson had for his 1 year left. Would also love DT Davon Sears from juco as well to replace Eddie somewhat. 

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

Would love to get WR Artie Henry from Marshall at least for experience. Can bring that speed Wilson had for his 1 year left. Would also love DT Davon Sears from juco as well to replace Eddie somewhat. 

The article I saw about Wilson talked about him being the fastest on the team and will help on special teams. I’m ready for news on the replacement of these guys.

7 hours ago, HomeyG said:

I guess these guys didn’t come to UB for the schools but the coaches. Good luck and next bull up

Do you believe that any football or basketball players come for much beyond their sport? Yes they are in school, but surely the sport is priority #1 for most. I rarely see posts saying "I just got my 4th offer into (insert major) school".

30 minutes ago, HomeyG said:

Miller to Kansas. The poaching continues

No problem, take what you think will help you establish your brand and maybe they can get the rest of their underwhelming team to follow suit. Let's see how their UB Offense/Defense works against the Big 12.

I still think we are going to be pleasantly surprised with this season and I am hopeful our new coaching staff will bring in some replacements for this year and really get us to be a top notch recruiting program. Let's focus on the guys staying and support them 100%.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Miller, McGee and Ford to Kansas 

Lance must have a lot of confidence that these guys can play at that level. Kansas did lose quite a few in the portal so some pay just be trying to plug the dam. They lost 15 so far and 11 more in the portal that don't have a destination shown yet. 

Sounds like we are 2/1 odds of winning the MAC Championship. I like the sounds of that! What a nice way to cap this crazy off-season to do something the former coaching staff and departed team members couldn't do. Let's make it happen!! Go Bulls!!

56 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Sounds like we are 2/1 odds of winning the MAC Championship. I like the sounds of that! What a nice way to cap this crazy off-season to do something the former coaching staff and departed team members couldn't do. Let's make it happen!! Go Bulls!!

A friend of mine just sent me that from William Hill- I was pleasantly surprised and also noticed that Kansas was 300-1 odds to win the Big 12, only odds worse to win their conference was Vandy - 

Honestly i don’t see how we won’t at least compete for the MAC. Keeping vantrease and Marks definitely help a lot in that aspect. On defense keeping riggins and Kadofi also help big time. Filling in for those transfers obviously will be interesting. Guess we’ll see!

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Honestly i don’t see how we won’t at least compete for the MAC. Keeping vantrease and Marks definitely help a lot in that aspect. On defense keeping riggins and Kadofi also help big time. Filling in for those transfers obviously will be interesting. Guess we’ll see!

If these first 3 recruits are an indication, I have a feeling our gaps will filled and then some!