Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Central Michigan hame

Chet

18 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I think teams have figured out our tip-toe play along the baseline. We have had several in the last few games where the other team just stays in good position and lets our players step out of bounds.

Agree and it’s a stupid play to begin with. ABC basketball, never leave your feet to pass and often times on that tip toe baseline play the driver leaves his feet to pass. Also ABC basketball, never let the defense use the out of bounds line as a extra defender. Just stupid and should be eliminated from the play book. There are better ways to move the basketball.

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I think this is an admission by the coach that there’s a lack of effort and energy. Two things needed when you press. 

By JW having them play this style, I think you are right. He is helping them create energy. Their D has been pretty solid so far.

57 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I think this is an admission by the coach that there’s a lack of effort and energy. Two things needed when you press. 

Id add communication too

The press or at least picking up full court defense, solves a lot of the consistent problems with this team 

4 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Id add communication too

The press or at least picking up full court defense, solves a lot of the consistent problems with this team 

I’ve always said against teams looking to slow us down that we should at the very least apply token pressure on teams as they bring the ball up court. Make the other team grind an offensive possession.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Id add communication too

Hopefully this is our new way to start games, I really think it got them in the right mindset. We are killing it on the boards and making every shot they take tough. This is the team I expected to see this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’ve always said against teams looking to slow us down that we should at the very least apply token pressure on teams as they bring the ball up court. Make the other team grind an offensive possession.

The funny thing is they got a 10 second call on one possession that their pressure wasn't that heavy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Hopefully this is our new way to start games, I really think it got them in the right mindset. We are killing it on the boards and making every shot they take tough. This is the team I expected to see this year.

It works against certain opponents. I wouldn’t do this with teams with better PGs and ball handlers. But def coach wanted to set a tone from the jump given we were off for 8 days. Also keep note…this was CMU’s 4th game or so in a week. Tired legs. For us going forward the rest of the month gets congested with games. Games we must not only win but games we should win.

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 1

Personally,  I'd make the coach walk home. Only up by 23 with 5 minutes left. 

Regardless, nice to get back in the win column. I hope the missed game with CMU gets rescheduled.  UB is far and away the better team of the two. UB seemed to go solidly 9-10 deep today, getting more involvement throughout.  Definitely some things to clean up (always), but a solid game with a lot of intensity and much improved ball movement (most of the time anyway). Need another W on Tuesday. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Should create a list of things that picking up the defense full court does

1. Increase effort/energy/focus/communication

2. Forces ub to use more of the bench

3. Tires out other teams point guard forcing them deeper into their bench

4. Gets the game to be played at a pace ub is much more comfortable at 

What else am I missing 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Personally,  I'd make the coach walk home. Only up by 23 with 5 minutes left. 

Regardless, nice to get back in the win column. I hope the missed game with CMU gets rescheduled.  UB is far and away the better team of the two. UB seemed to go solidly 9-10 deep today, getting more involvement throughout.  Definitely some things to clean up (always), but a solid game with a lot of intensity and much improved ball movement (most of the time anyway). Need another W on Tuesday. 

Announcers just indicated that that game won’t be made up. Rescheduled games are going in order of cancellation they said. Oh well. Hope to see them in the tourney. We gotta worry about our own shop. Finally get back to back home games.