Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bullet Points UB/Toledo Recap (Scroll Down)

Guys,

It's been a while since Kevin and myself (@Mike_Bundt) have done a show so we wanted to recap the last few weeks of UB basketball and preview the final stretch of the regular season heading into Cleveland. I know most of you see our posts on here but we like to engage with our Bullet Points twitter audience. We appreciate anyone who watches, follows us or engages with our posts and welcome all opinions. Hope you check it out!

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/20/2022 at 9:19 PM, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Guys,

It's been a while since Kevin and myself (@Mike_Bundt) have done a show so we wanted to recap the last few weeks of UB basketball and preview the final stretch of the regular season heading into Cleveland. I know most of you see our posts on here but we like to engage with our Bullet Points twitter audience. We appreciate anyone who watches, follows us or engages with our posts and welcome all opinions. Hope you check it out!

Good to hear from you guys again. Always very good insights and always some food for thought. Do agree about the team playing much better especially with Mballa and I think Jack has shown definite upside in many of the games. He has been able to hit some shots and has shown more energy especially on the rebounding end. Would be great to see a sweep in the last few games and positive energy going to Cleveland. Go Bulls!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, John said:

Good to hear from you guys again. Always very good insights and always some food for thought. Do agree about the team playing much better especially with Mballa and I think Jack has shown definite upside in many of the games. He has been able to hit some shots and has shown more energy especially on the rebounding end. Would be great to see a sweep in the last few games and positive energy going to Cleveland. Go Bulls!!

Appreciate you watching! Hoping they can remain hot heading into the MAC Tournament.

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Yes, they clinched the 5 seed last night. We really need them to earn the 3 to have a realistic path to the tournament.

I think any is realistic,  but 3+ is certainly an improved path. Akron has been stumbling a bit. While they aren't the same as a Ball St or other bottom group-er, they aren't Gonzaga. Just need to keep playing well and stacking wins. 

If UB closes at 3-1, beating kent but losing to someone else and kent wins all but UB, both teams have 5 losses but UB has one less win. We'd get 4 even though we beat them twice based on win %, correct? If that happens,  that's a very poor move by the league to affect seeding like that by not playing a game, especially with UB beating Kent twice (in this scenario). 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

I think any is realistic,  but 3+ is certainly an improved path. Akron has been stumbling a bit. While they aren't the same as a Ball St or other bottom group-er, they aren't Gonzaga. Just need to keep playing well and stacking wins. 

If UB closes at 3-1, beating kent but losing to someone else and kent wins all but UB, both teams have 5 losses but UB has one less win. We'd get 4 even though we beat them twice based on win %, correct? If that happens,  that's a very poor move by the league to affect seeding like that by not playing a game, especially with UB beating Kent twice (in this scenario). 

I think you are correct. It comes down to win percentage. As I was looking at remaining schedules Kent St has 3 games left. 2 easy ones then us. Based on all this, barring upsets across the conference and us winning out I think it’s safe to say we are locked into the 4/5 game and route. 

27 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I think you are correct. It comes down to win percentage. As I was looking at remaining schedules Kent St has 3 games left. 2 easy ones then us. Based on all this, barring upsets across the conference and us winning out I think it’s safe to say we are locked into the 4/5 game and route. 

It really comes down to can UB win out? If they can, the 3 will most likely be their seed. If they lose just ons game, they’ll most likely be the 4.

19 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

For the first round as of right now is there that big a difference between akron ball st and miami?

What seed id like to be is really based on who is the 1 and who is the 2

I think so. Akron is better than both of them.

UB is 0-1 vs Akron, 2-0 Ball State, 1-1, Miami

the 3 seed path is the right fit for this team specifically, in my opinion 

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

I think so. Akron is better than both of them.

UB is 0-1 vs Akron, 2-0 Ball State, 1-1, Miami

the 3 seed path is the right fit for this team specifically, in my opinion 

Akron is better than those teams but I don't know if any of them are teams I would want to avoid

The loss to akron, was a quick schedule change plus no mballa or Fagan and a still injured hardnett. 

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

Akron is better than those teams but I don't know if any of them are teams I would want to avoid

The loss to akron, was a quick schedule change plus no mballa or Fagan and a still injured hardnett. 

It's akron in Cleveland though. Have you been when they are playing? That's always a game to avoid. I think UB wins, but they could use Ball State. 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

It's akron in Cleveland though. Have you been when they are playing? That's always a game to avoid. I think UB wins, but they could use Ball State. 

Definitely not actively looking to play Akron especially since they have one of the better tournament coaches in the league

The whole mac in cleveland is always against buffalo but yeah akron is on a different level in Cleveland

9 minutes ago, Slim said:

What if Toledo and Ohio both lose one more game ... and either the Bulls/Kent win out? That's a three-way tie for first. Can Bulls be No. 1 via tiebreaker!!!!!

The issue for UB is that they’ll play one less game so they would need Toledo and Ohio to both lose two more games in addition to Buffalo winning out.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger

On 2/23/2022 at 4:15 PM, Tee4three said:

It's a pretty big difference. There is no way you want to match up with Akron in the first round.